Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Home electronics spare parts

Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes for
parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/15/2017 8:36 PM, kasutaja wrote:
Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes for
parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

Are you in the UK? You don't seem to be a native speaker.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi!

On 15.07.2017 23:00, newshound wrote:
On 7/15/2017 8:36 PM, kasutaja wrote:
Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes
for parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

Are you in the UK? You don't seem to be a native speaker.

Yes, indeed I'm outside UK. I should have specified that I look Internet
based, EU delivering companies.
Thanks for asking that!

Best regards,
Kasutaja
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/15/2017 9:42 PM, kasutaja wrote:
Hi!

On 15.07.2017 23:00, newshound wrote:
On 7/15/2017 8:36 PM, kasutaja wrote:
Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes
for parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

Are you in the UK? You don't seem to be a native speaker.

Yes, indeed I'm outside UK. I should have specified that I look Internet
based, EU delivering companies.
Thanks for asking that!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

These days, it is often worth trying eBay instead of a traditional
supplier, lots of people buy stuff wholesale and sell on-line. Check
feedback if you are worried about eBay. If someone has had 99.5%
positive feedback from 10,000 sales there should not be much to worry about.

You still didn't say what components you were looking for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16.07.2017 00:01, newshound wrote:
[...]

I omitted specific part numbers, because I wanted broad answer. I hoped
that there is some chinese shop or something like that selling
components for home electronics. Useful for broader audience and my
future endeavors
But in this time, I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

Thanks for Your replies, newshound!

Wbr,
Kasutaja

Posted to uk.d-i-y

kasutaja wrote:

I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

They just look like a pair of microswitches, presumably if you have the
original parts you could match some equivalents from e.g.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/switches/microswitches-accessories/microswitches/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 22:50:57 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

kasutaja wrote:

I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

They just look like a pair of microswitches, presumably if you have the
original parts you could match some equivalents from e.g.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/switches/microswitches-accessories/microswitches/

Perhaps the OP could provide a picture for us.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16.07.2017 00:50, Andy Burns wrote:
kasutaja wrote:

I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

They just look like a pair of microswitches, presumably if you have the
original parts you could match some equivalents from e.g.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/switches/microswitches-accessories/microswitches/

Thanks, Andy! Seems promising, looking some pictures and descriptions.

Wbr,
Kasutaja
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Depends on how old it is. If its from an old one when Philips actually made
stuff, then its probably too old to fix, but the other problem is you need
to find the importer of the device and see if they do service them. many do
have part numbers but trying to find anyone who will actually supply them
cheaper than a new device is hard these days.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news
Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes for
parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news
Hello!

I have faulty Philips food processor and I have found service codes for
parts. I can't find those components anywhere.
What are usual places to look home electronics spare parts?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Best regards,
Kasutaja

Depends on how old it is. If its from an old one when Philips actually made
stuff, then its probably too old to fix, but the other problem is you need
to find the importer of the device and see if they do service them. many do
have part numbers but trying to find anyone who will actually supply them
cheaper than a new device is hard these days.

Brian

Too old to fix eh. I can still fix pre-war appliances ok.

If it's some sort of switch, why not open it & clean the contacts. If they're oxidised use a pencil eraser. If they're burnt & pitted use emery paper.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

kasutaja wrote:

I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

They just look like a pair of microswitches, presumably if you have
the original parts you could match some equivalents from e.g.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/switches/microswitches-accessories/microswitches/

Thanks, Andy! Seems promising, looking some pictures and descriptions.

Wbr,
Kasutaja

You might get some help via
http://www.philips.co.uk/c-w/support...tact-page.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

kasutaja wrote:
I omitted specific part numbers, because I wanted broad answer. I hoped
that there is some chinese shop or something like that selling
components for home electronics. Useful for broader audience and my
future endeavors
But in this time, I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

Sometimes you don't find parts just from the part number, but you can find
something suitable with more searching. For instance, the part might be for
a white fridge but there's another part for a silver fridge that you can
source. Or the same part might be used for a Zanussi and an Electrolux,
with different internal part numbers. It can help using google to look for
parts lists, service manuals, etc.

Quite often parts show up on websites of vendors who have no stock, or are
somewhere you can't order easily (China etc). Those websites frequently
have lists of models that the part fits, or numbers of equivalent parts. If
you then search for those, you might find suppliers of other compatible
parts.

Also, it's worth knowing the name of your part in other languages. eg a
Miele part is much more likely to be described in German than English.

Pictures are everything - once you've followed down three levels of linked
part numbers, you need to check that it's still the right one!

It's hard work, but there's a lot of stock out there if you can find it.
For instance, I've found obscure 30 year old car and appliance parts
with a lot of digging.

Good luck!

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/07/17 12:22, Theo wrote:
kasutaja wrote:
I omitted specific part numbers, because I wanted broad answer. I hoped
that there is some chinese shop or something like that selling
components for home electronics. Useful for broader audience and my
future endeavors
But in this time, I look Philips HR7775/00 part 4203 035 91260 (Safety
switches New model). I looked into ebay, can't find it.

2 minutes

https://rounded.com/philips-switch-420303591260.html

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher presented the following explanation :
2 minutes

https://rounded.com/philips-switch-420303591260.html

Those are standard micro switches, obtainable from Maplin quite
cheaply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/17/2017 10:13 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher presented the following explanation :
2 minutes

https://rounded.com/philips-switch-420303591260.html

Those are standard micro switches, obtainable from Maplin quite cheaply.

Here are some on eBay (UK)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V3-Microsw... gXjdcCSmAGbFg

You don't say what country you are in, which makes it more difficult to
advise on sources.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

Microswitches are not worth fiddling with, IMHO, since they are usually
standard sizes and readily available. Small ones are normally glued shut
and difficult to open without destroying them.

In any case, if it is an AC mains switch it is going to fail because of
spring failure or contact erosion beyond what can be compensated for.
They won't be helped by cleaning.

It is worth mentioning that spares are going to be either proprietary
parts which need tracing by maker's part number, or generic parts that
can be obtained much more cheaply from an electronics distributor.
Though it is sometimes difficult to tell which is which, especially if
they aren't marked with a generic part number.

These are generic microswitches, but one needs to check the dimensions
of the levers.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 July 2017 20:02:48 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

Switches are best opened when you don't have spares. If you do, sure, just replace.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 July 2017 22:02:43 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

I've fixed many switches with burnt contacts with a little file or emery paper. Maybe I was hallucinating on each occasion. It does raise the question of why you think they would not work when clean flat metal is exposed on each surface.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

Me too, but there's often not so much spare metal available on
microswitches, especially the small ones.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

he
In any case, if it is an AC mains switch it is going to fail because of
spring failure or contact erosion beyond what can be compensated for.
They won't be helped by cleaning.

I've fixed many switches with burnt contacts with a little file or emery paper. Maybe I was hallucinating on each occasion. It does raise the question of why you think they would not work when clean flat metal is exposed on each surface.

NT

You can 'recover' them for awhile, provided you don't remove too much.
Generally the contacts have layers, the top layer lasts longer. Once
that is removed, the lower layer will 'wear' much more quickly.

The same is true for relays.

Whether is it worth the effort is a matter of choice. If you can't get a
replacement, or the part is expensive etc. all come into the choice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
I've fixed many switches with burnt contacts with a little file or
emery paper. Maybe I was hallucinating on each occasion. It does raise
the question of why you think they would not work when clean flat
metal is exposed on each surface.

NT

Me too, but there's often not so much spare metal available on
microswitches, especially the small ones.

Never even bothered looking inside one, given how cheap they are. Assuming
you can find an identical replacement, which can take some searching.

--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 7/16/2017 10:09 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 08:09:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"kasutaja" wrote in message
news Hello!

[...]

Sure, and sometimes there's less metal surface area too. That doesn't stop them working for years.