Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good news, bad news

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:

All the PVRs I've ever seen are quite capable of doing a simple
recording and then watching it back. Usually can record two things at
once.

My TV can record to a USB drive.
I have never tried it.

I use my Humax PVR all the time. Recording from the TV might be ok when
you're out, but a PVR allows you to record two progs while you watch a
third on the TV. May not be needed often, but nice when it is.

Careful you will want sky q, as that can record 6 and watch another.
,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
I use my Humax PVR all the time. Recording from the TV might be ok when
you're out, but a PVR allows you to record two progs while you watch a
third on the TV. May not be needed often, but nice when it is.

Careful you will want sky q, as that can record 6 and watch another.

My old Toppy still works and is plumbed in if I need it. Had the sense to
make sure the new TV had a SCART socket. But both the TV and Humax do
i-player etc. The TV FreeView playback which is very easy to use.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.