DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   More of Mikes kittens (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/588941-more-mikes-kittens.html)

Rod Speed April 22nd 17 11:22 PM

More of Mikes kittens

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:45:54 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:27:32 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:16:58 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:58:07 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:03:44 +0100, Rod Speed

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 23:58:55 +0100, wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:40:31 +0100, Bod
wrote:

On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when
called.

They don't even recognise their own name.
It's a real rocket scientist cat that can do that.
They actually come when you make noises that indicate food
is
being
served.

I have 5 cats. If I yell one of their names, that one and
that
one
only
will run out of the cat flap. Mind you, maybe it realises
it's
the
one
that was misbehaving.

Yep, nothing to do with its name, everything to do with
your tone of voice and what it knows its been up to.

You can prove that trivially any time by
shouting YOU ****ER instead of its name.

Dogs are just as stupid, they don't come to their owner if they
don't
feel
like it.

Depends on the dogs. You'll never get cats to respond
to the commands of their owners like the best of the
herding dogs do. They don't ever ignore their owners.

One thing cats are no good at is learning simple physical
activities.

Dunno, that russian circus fella clearly knows how to do that.

Not clear how long it took him to get them to do that stuff tho.

Like opening a cat flap. You just push. There's no complicated
handles
or catches, but every single bloody time they stroke it, claw at
it,
try
to rub it different ways....

Cant say I have ever had cat that does that.

50% of cats I've had do that.

Presumably those in your area are ****ed in the head that way.

Maybe. Most Scots are thick.

The other stupid thing they do is two try to go through at once,
which
usually results in the destruction of the catflap.

Wouldn't happen with one I made.

Very big flap?

Nope, one made from a sheet of 1/8" sheet of aluminium
with a rod welded to the top edge that acts as the hinge.

Coupla cats trying to get thru that a once wouldn't damage it.

Don't they have to be see-through so the cat can tell it can get
through?

Nope.

Then why are the commercial ones made so?

Just the usual fashion/fad stuff or their customers by more
of those because they don't understand how cats operate.

Watch those videos of Dave's, those cats don't look thru the
door before trying to use it. They know from the smell and
the appearance it's a cat flap. They arent stupid.

The commercial ones are all made of transparent plastic.

Sheet of 1/8" perspex would survive 2 cats trying to get thru at once
too.

Commercial ones are not that tough.

Yep, lousy design.

The standard size happens to fit nicely where one pane of glass was in
the
door.

There is no pane of glass in Daves door.

And the panes of glass in my patio doors are 4'x7'6"

That would be an enormous catflap. No wonder you get burglars.

But it's a lot easier to train a cat or kitten to use a litter tray
than a dog.

Interesting Mike's latest that his are already so
instinctive that they swarm to the tray when
he puts clean litter in it and have a **** fest.

You'd never get puppys doing that.

Or my cats. If the litter tray is not there or full, they **** in the
shower. They do seem to know that ****ting on the carpet will make me
very angry.

Presumably because they are a lot more fussy than dogs.

What revolts me is my cat eats her kittens ****.

Plenty of dogs eat their own ****.

That makes them even stupider.

Its got nothing to do with intelligence, they evolved
like that. Just like cats did with kitten ****.

Eating a waste product is not a good idea.

Works fine for cats and dogs.

Does it?

Corse it does. If it had health downsides for
them, they would have evolved differently.

We live longer and are more intelligent.

For different reasons entirely.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 22nd 17 11:26 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 09:34:58 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 17/04/2017 07:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , tim...
escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Parrots can learn the names of dogs that look identical to humans.

--
€œWhats the difference between a British and an Iraqi tank?€
€œI dont know.€

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 22nd 17 11:27 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:21:16 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
On 17/04/2017 07:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , tim...
escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Only rocket scientist cats do. They are just responding to the
sound of your voice and if you have more than one cat, you
wont be able to get them to respond to just their own name
unless they are rocket scientist cats.

Unlike dogs who mostly do recognise their own names.

But choose to ignore them.

--
Kindly consume faeces and expire.

Rod Speed April 22nd 17 11:36 PM

More of Mikes kittens

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:01:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:56:55 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:21:12 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

That's a different situation, everything the camera
can see is all moving in the same way all the time.

So the camera could just ignore the centre.

Nope, because if it makes the background stable the center
would move around just as much as the background currently
does

It should make them both move around half what they currently do.

Not possible for the reason I spelt out later and you have now deleted.

I never delete the last five levels,

You did that time.

try to make your point quicker.

I did, you deleted it.

It's very easy to move the whole image electronically so the background
moves half of what it currently is, and that movement is passed onto the
person's head.

Yes, but like I said in the bit you deleted, not possible
to fill in the background in the area the persons head
has moved away from because it isnt even available
in the image because it was obscured by the head.

The way the movies do it is to film the background
with a different camera and film the stuff that is
going on in the foreground in front of a colored
screen and then superimpose the two lots of footage
in post processing. Not even possible to do in real
time with head mounted cameras that can never
see what is obscured by what is in the foreground.

and would be even worse to watch because what you want to watch is
whats in the center.

No you don't. For example in the video we just watched, it's the animal
we're interested in.

Yes, but when that moves around more
than it currently does, that's worse.

Its never going to be feasible to eliminate the problem
with optical stablisation, it has to be physical.

That wouldn't be any different to what you objected to above.

Yes it is, because there would be no background movement with
that approach. You only get background movement when the
camera moves.

With a perfect physical stabiliser, the background would be stationary,

Yes.

and the person would move around.

Not when it tracks the person and lion.

Not possible if the person is moving relative to the lion.

Corse it is, you track so both are still in the field of view.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 01:03 AM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Only rocket scientist cats do. They are just responding to the
sound of your voice and if you have more than one cat, you
wont be able to get them to respond to just their own name
unless they are rocket scientist cats.

Unlike dogs who mostly do recognise their own names.

But choose to ignore them.

The working dog breeds don't.

There are no working cat breeds.

Mike Tomlinson April 23rd 17 04:34 AM

More of Mikes kittens

En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West

Bod[_3_] April 23rd 17 04:49 AM

More of Mikes kittens

On 23/04/2017 04:34, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Can't wait to see another pussy.

ARW[_2_] April 23rd 17 07:14 AM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

--
Adam

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 05:41 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:16:35 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:05:23 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 21:10:29 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
Why would I do that when the bank charges a percentage?

It doesn't with those and banks charge to
handle cash for their commercial customers.

Opposite way round over here.

Not with banks.

Who do you think provides the readers?

What readers ?

The thing you carry with you to read the cards to authorise the transaction. I can't pay you money by me having a debit card and you having a debit card, something has to read the chips and accept the pins.

Smaller shops will charge extra for the use of a card, but not cash..

Ours mostly just refuse card transactions for less than $10

My point exactly. Using cards cost the business money, cash doesn't.

Cash does, even if its just the time to count the money,

Less than taking 2.5% off every transaction, which is a good proportion of the profits of a large business like a supermarket.

do the run to the bank etc and pay what the bank
charges to handle the cash with commercial customers.

They don't charge me anything. Maybe they would if I was paying in the amount Asda does.

Sure, you can keep it under the mattress if your operation
is small enough, but you still have to count it etc. And I've
done in a small business too, its not a trivial exercises and
doesn't have to be done at all with cards.

You can buy machines to count cash. I have one for coins.

But we do have a few of the smaller shops/cafes etc that
refuse cash entirely and only do electronic transactions.

Probably to stop theft from the till by employees or robbers.

Nope, so they don't have to fart around counting the
cash and doing the run to the bank every few days etc.
And that normally has to be done in business hours so
that is one less person in the shop serving customers
for the time that takes. With those operations mostly
employing casuals now, you pay for that directly now.
And you can't use some minimum wage bum to do
the bank run either. Or more strictly you can but will
regret it if you do.

If they did that round here, they'd lose about 80% of their business.

Yes, you lot are dinosaurs. Even Dave the drunk uses
cash when he can just wave the phone at the terminal.

Poor people don't have phones capable of payments. I'd call myself middle class, and I have an old smartphone which can manage some websites, but it doesn't do 95% of apps. Anyway, I've never known anyone do a phone transaction in a shop, I see people paying in cash and with credit/debit cards (about 50% of each).

Car hire has been like that for a long time now and its
really on the dregs of the hotel industry like backpackers
and those that are basically brothels that accept cash now.

The trouble with car hire and cards is scammers like Europcar which I once
used can charge me £20 after I've given back the car because they claimed
I didn't refill it with petrol. In actual fact I refilled it only 4 miles
from the point of return, as that was the closest petrol station I knew
about. So basically it was less than a litre short of full, probably 50p.

Sure, but they wont rent you a car if you insist on using cash.

Nothing to do with payments, that's to do with incase you run off with the car. They'd probably accept an enormous wodge of cash as a deposit too.

they retain the curve from being folded in people's wallets

Yeah, ours certainly do that except when brand new.

Except when new?

Yeah, the ones straight from the mint are nice a flat.

Try folding them in a wallet once. Then take them out the next day
and
try to lay them on a table to count.

Like I said, I don't need to.

What?

Don't need to lay them on the table to count.

When I get notes out of the self checkouts, I count it
in my hand. I did the same thing with the $400 my
neighbours kid got from busking that he wanted me
to do an electronic transfer to his uncle's account
hundreds of miles away to pay for some computer
parts. His uncle owns a computer place and likely
he's there now in the school holidays putting the
bits together as I type.

What if you're counting 2 grand?

I don't do that often enough to matter.

I paid cash for the last car I bought new and paid for that with
my card too.

Er.... which was it? Cash or card?

That surprised the dealer principal, but once he
was sure that it wouldn't cost him a cent, he was happy.

That bank has a system where you can have any daily limit
you like for any time you like, so I got them to have $18K for
30 mins, walked down to the dealer which is only a km from
my house, paid for the car with the card and drove it home.

Odd, there are no limits on my card. Apart from cash withdrawal, which is something like 300 a day. If I want more, I have to enter a branch.

No need to count anything.

When I bought the trailer from a garage sale, I paid him
cash, but $500 is easy enough to count in your hand.

In Scotland we have £100 notes you can use for large transactions.

--
A Woman's Rule of Thumb: If it has tyres or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 05:42 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Can't wait to see another pussy.

I'll tell your wife....

--
DNA tests confirm that Richard III is the last Englishman to be found in Leicester!

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 05:55 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:42:54 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:29:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 00:17:50 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why does the fire brigade respond to such calls, they're a FIRE brigade,
the clue is in their name.

Because they're a fire and rescue service, and because it's more fun driving the big nee-naw (especially when they know it's a nice easy call-out with no smoke or deaths) than sitting in the station polishing their nozzles.

I've seen such rescues on TV and the person doing the rescuing often
wears thick gloves as the ungrateful / stupid cat that has been stuck
and crying for 2 days doesn't understand it's being rescued.

It doesn't need rescued, a cat can climb down aswell as up. And if it scratches at a rescuer, it doesn't deserve rescuing.

The cat will come down of its own accord when it's ready, or the owner
can climb the tree. I learned to climb trees when I was a child, are
you saying an adult can't do so?

Cats and children can get to different parts of trees than adults - different power:weight ratio.

And the ability for the higher / thinner branches to support the
weight etc. Such things shouldn't really need explaining should they
unless someone has suffered 'brain mush' from contact with a cat. ;-)

So you climb as high as you can then poke at the cat with a broom.

--
Peter is listening to "The Shadows - Sleepwalk"

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 05:56 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 09:29:17 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 00:17:50 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why does the fire brigade respond to such calls, they're a FIRE brigade,
the clue is in their name.

Because they're a fire and rescue service, and because it's more fun driving the big nee-naw (especially when they know it's a nice easy call-out with no smoke or deaths) than sitting in the station polishing their nozzles.

Meanwhile someone's house is burning down. They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

--
I took a vow of faith, I don't shoot any more.
You don't shoot any less either.

ARW[_2_] April 23rd 17 06:35 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:45:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message ...

En el artículo ,
escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Not fat enough to be Pounder.

--
Adam

ARW[_2_] April 23rd 17 06:39 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Fark, where are the plastic butterflys ?

In his garden.

--
Adam

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 06:49 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Not fat enough to be Pounder.

It's him alright. And who said he was fat?

--
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason -- Benjamin Franklin

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 06:51 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

--
Baby robins eat 14 feet of worms a day.

[email protected] April 23rd 17 07:16 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

Owain

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 07:57 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:16:50 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

And if they're already on the cat call when they get the fire call?

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

True, but that is difficult to determine before visiting the scene.

--
I was explaining to my wife last night that when you die you get reincarnated but must come back as a different creature. She said I would like to come back as a cow. I said you're obviously not listening.

ARW[_2_] April 23rd 17 08:05 PM

More of Mikes kittens

,
escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Not fat enough to be Pounder.

It's him alright.

And who said he was fat?

Bloke in the pub.

--
Adam

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 08:08 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Not fat enough to be Pounder.

It's him alright.

And who said he was fat?

Bloke in the pub.

The picture above may have been taken a number of years ago.

--
Create instant designer stubble by sucking a magnet and dipping your chin in a bowl of iron fillings.

ARW[_2_] April 23rd 17 08:11 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

--
Adam

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 09:28 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

--
The wife had a birthday and her husband wanted to know what she desired. She said she'd like to have a Jaguar.
He didn't think it was best for her.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 23rd 17 09:30 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Only rocket scientist cats do. They are just responding to the
sound of your voice and if you have more than one cat, you
wont be able to get them to respond to just their own name
unless they are rocket scientist cats.

Unlike dogs who mostly do recognise their own names.

But choose to ignore them.

The working dog breeds don't.

There are no working cat breeds.

Because they're not stupid enough to blindly obey.

--
Why was the guitar teacher arrested?
For fingering A minor.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 09:44 PM

More of Mikes kittens

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
Why would I do that when the bank charges a percentage?

It doesn't with those and banks charge to
handle cash for their commercial customers.

Opposite way round over here.

Not with banks.

Who do you think provides the readers?

What readers ?

The thing you carry with you to read the cards to authorise the
transaction. I can't pay you money by me having a debit card and you
having a debit card, something has to read the chips and accept the pins.

Billions of people, quite literally, do it with their phones in the third
world.

Smaller shops will charge extra for the use of a card, but not cash.

Ours mostly just refuse card transactions for less than $10

My point exactly. Using cards cost the business money, cash doesn't.

Cash does, even if its just the time to count the money,

Less than taking 2.5% off every transaction, which is a good proportion of
the profits of a large business like a supermarket.

Cards only take 0.5%

do the run to the bank etc and pay what the bank
charges to handle the cash with commercial customers.

They don't charge me anything.

Because you pretend to be a normal person, not a business.

Maybe they would if I was paying in the amount Asda does.

Yep, they'd twig that you were a commercial operation.

Sure, you can keep it under the mattress if your operation
is small enough, but you still have to count it etc. And I've
done in a small business too, its not a trivial exercises and
doesn't have to be done at all with cards.

You can buy machines to count cash. I have one for coins.

Small businesses don't do that. They don't have the turnover
to justify the much higher cost of note counting machines.

And you should get one yourself, they handle non flat notes fine.

But we do have a few of the smaller shops/cafes etc that
refuse cash entirely and only do electronic transactions.

Probably to stop theft from the till by employees or robbers.

Nope, so they don't have to fart around counting the
cash and doing the run to the bank every few days etc.
And that normally has to be done in business hours so
that is one less person in the shop serving customers
for the time that takes. With those operations mostly
employing casuals now, you pay for that directly now.
And you can't use some minimum wage bum to do
the bank run either. Or more strictly you can but will
regret it if you do.

If they did that round here, they'd lose about 80% of their business.

Yes, you lot are dinosaurs. Even Dave the drunk uses
cash when he can just wave the phone at the terminal.

Poor people don't have phones capable of payments.

They do in the third world. Vastly poorer than even you.

I'd call myself middle class, and I have an old smartphone which can
manage some websites, but it doesn't do 95% of apps.

Even you can afford a Moto G that does them all.

Anyway, I've never known anyone do a phone transaction in a shop,

Yeah, I've never seen anyone do it either. The checkout
people clearly have, they don't comment anymore when I do.

I see people paying in cash and with credit/debit cards (about 50% of
each).

Ours are nothing like 50% cash now.

Car hire has been like that for a long time now and its
really on the dregs of the hotel industry like backpackers
and those that are basically brothels that accept cash now.

The trouble with car hire and cards is scammers like Europcar which I
once
used can charge me £20 after I've given back the car because they
claimed
I didn't refill it with petrol. In actual fact I refilled it only 4
miles
from the point of return, as that was the closest petrol station I knew
about. So basically it was less than a litre short of full, probably
50p.

Sure, but they wont rent you a car if you insist on using cash.

Nothing to do with payments, that's to do with incase you run off with the
car. They'd probably accept an enormous wodge of cash as a deposit too.

No they wont, they know you're a drug dealer.

[...]

I meant I paid for it in full, no car loan, using a card.

That surprised the dealer principal, but once he
was sure that it wouldn't cost him a cent, he was happy.

That bank has a system where you can have any daily limit
you like for any time you like, so I got them to have $18K for
30 mins, walked down to the dealer which is only a km from
my house, paid for the car with the card and drove it home.

Odd, there are no limits on my card.

Corse there is a daily transaction limit.

Apart from cash withdrawal, which is something like 300 a day. If I want
more, I have to enter a branch.

You wont be able to buy a new car with it even
if you have that much money in the account.

Basically to limit what can be looted
from the card if its lost or stolen.

No need to count anything.

When I bought the trailer from a garage sale, I paid him
cash, but $500 is easy enough to count in your hand.

In Scotland we have £100 notes you can use for large transactions.

But that isnt a large transaction and £100 notes
are a pain in the arse to use in shops etc.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 09:47 PM

More of Mikes kittens

wrote:

[...]

Makes more sense to shoot it so it stops yowling.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 10:02 PM

More of Mikes kittens

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

And if they're already on the cat call when they get the fire call?

They leave the cat up the tree and go to the fire.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

True, but that is difficult to determine before visiting the scene.

Nope, just look up there records and notice it's the pounder
and let it die for the good of the slum he exists in.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 10:25 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one
you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

That's just plain wrong. Pounder should have been castrated before it could
breed.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 10:27 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here
kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Only rocket scientist cats do. They are just responding to the
sound of your voice and if you have more than one cat, you
wont be able to get them to respond to just their own name
unless they are rocket scientist cats.

Unlike dogs who mostly do recognise their own names.

But choose to ignore them.

The working dog breeds don't.

There are no working cat breeds.

Because they're not stupid enough to blindly obey.

So hardly anyone is stupid enough to feed them for what they do.

Even those who use them to keep the mice down in
their barns etc don't bother to feed them and they get
to get off their furry little arses and feed themselves.

Rod Speed April 23rd 17 10:39 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Fark, where are the plastic butterflys ?

In his garden.

They're sposed to be on the fence.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 24th 17 12:45 AM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as
a pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Fark, where are the plastic butterflys ?

In his garden.

They're sposed to be on the fence.

You cannot see all of the fence.

--
To snip or not to snip that is the question,
Whether 'tis nobler for the index finger to cut the verbosity and gobbledegook of nutters

whisky-dave[_2_] April 25th 17 12:21 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 19:16:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve their gear on the the engine is on the road.
It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the skills to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to rescue humans.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

Yes is this one of those Hitler Qs ;-)

whisky-dave[_2_] April 25th 17 12:25 PM

More of Mikes kittens

wrote:

On 23/04/2017 04:34, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Bob Eager
escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

What if they haven't the ability to judge the situation they are in ?

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 25th 17 01:12 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

What if they haven't the ability to judge the situation they are in ?

Since cats have been around for millennia, I think they're doing just fine. No point in un interfering and claiming we have more rights than them.

--
Wife to husband: "What's your excuse for coming home at this time of night?"
Husband to wife: "Golfing with friends, my dear."

whisky-dave[_2_] April 25th 17 04:59 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal)..

What if they haven't the ability to judge the situation they are in ?

Since cats have been around for millennia, I think they're doing just fine.

Yes they are it;s the humans that aren;t.

No point in un interfering and claiming we have more rights than them.

I didn't think cats had rights in their world.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 25th 17 05:21 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

What if they haven't the ability to judge the situation they are in ?

Since cats have been around for millennia, I think they're doing just fine.

Yes they are it;s the humans that aren;t.

We both are and should leave each other alone.

No point in un interfering and claiming we have more rights than them..

I didn't think cats had rights in their world.

They would still hate having their balls chopped off.

--
When your pet bird sees you reading the newspaper, does it wonder why you're sitting there staring at carpeting?

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 25th 17 06:04 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:36:38 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:11:29 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 20:03:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

No one has got within a bulls roar of him for centurys.

Even Vlad the Impaler wasn't a patch on him.

Trump and BNP are getting there.

Hmm, Trump is a God lover.

So was Hitler,

Like hell he was.

Catholic apparently.

but he still managed to get rid of a load of competing god lovers.

And then they got rid of him.

He got more of them then they got of him.

--
Is it just a coincidence that Christianity and insanity end with the same letters?

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 25th 17 06:09 PM

More of Mikes kittens

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:21:31 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 19:16:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish. Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place and leave their gear on all day.

It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the skills to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to rescue humans.

Those skills are learned as a child.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

Yes is this one of those Hitler Qs ;-)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

--
How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak!

Rod Speed April 25th 17 07:28 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

[...]

How they evolved and modern situation is very different.

No point in un interfering

The alternative is to have lots of people killing surplus adult cats.

We have people who attempt to ensure that surplus dogs in
the pound don't get killed but no one even trys with cats, its
just not possible except where you barbarians eat them.

and claiming we have more rights than them.

Corse we do.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] April 25th 17 08:11 PM

More of Mikes kittens

escribió:

[...]

Modern situation is artificial, created by us. And they manage in that too. Reducing their numbers by mutilating them is inhumane.

No point in un interfering

The alternative is to have lots of people killing surplus adult cats.

Surplus cats are not harmful, it's not as though they're capable of killing people.

We have people who attempt to ensure that surplus dogs in
the pound don't get killed but no one even trys with cats,

There are cat protection societies just like with dogs.

And that's where I tried to get my first cat from, except they'd run out! Which only goes to show there are not enough cats.

its just not possible except where you barbarians eat them.

"You barbarians"? I think you'll find that's the Chinese.

and claiming we have more rights than them.

Corse we do.

Says who?

--
A man comes out of a shopping mall to find that the side of his parked car is rammed in.
Seeing a note under the windshield, he read it.

Rod Speed April 25th 17 08:27 PM

More of Mikes kittens

wrote:

No one has got within a bulls roar of him for centurys.

Even Vlad the Impaler wasn't a patch on him.

Trump and BNP are getting there.

Hmm, Trump is a God lover.

So was Hitler,

Like hell he was.

Catholic apparently.

Nope, he never bothered to go to church as an adult.

Didn't bother with a priest when he killed himself either.

but he still managed to get rid of a load of competing god lovers.

And then they got rid of him.

He got more of them then they got of him.

Not with the yanks, they killed a lot
more krauts than the krauts killed yanks.