Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

Default What is it

Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

--

Xeno
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 10/04/2017 11:14, Xeno wrote:
On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 10/04/17 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

Look like glass snapping pliers

Regards,
Noddy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

For pressing closed the tags on sheep or cattle ears ?

I assume the tags have some sort of peg and hole at each end which snap together..

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 10/04/2017 11:08, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

Can't make it out from the photo, but could you look up the patent
pending number?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

Xeno wrote:
On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Mode-Pelle
all it brings up is footware
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

Andrew wrote:
On 10/04/2017 11:14, Xeno wrote:
On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.
not auto related but in Australia we have no groups suitable for such
questions so I picked a group with mechanically minded people.
The contraption is made in Australia (may be cooking related) ??
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

John Rumm wrote:
On 10/04/2017 11:08, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

Can't make it out from the photo, but could you look up the patent
pending number?

It has no patent number only that ZB
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

Regards,
Noddy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Andrew wrote:
On 10/04/2017 11:14, Xeno wrote:
On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.
not auto related but in Australia we have no groups suitable for such
questions so I picked a group with mechanically minded people.
The contraption is made in Australia (may be cooking related) ??

IMO its likely to be one of the things used
to punch ear tags thru the ears of cattle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 11/04/17 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and clamp
something together

If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 11/04/2017 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 10/04/2017 11:14, Xeno wrote:
On 10/04/2017 8:08 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.
http://imgur.com/a/V2gDo

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.
not auto related but in Australia we have no groups suitable for such
questions so I picked a group with mechanically minded people.
The contraption is made in Australia (may be cooking related) ??

I'd say it might be related to leatherwork - shoes, bags, that sort of
thing.

--

Xeno
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/2017 7:58 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/04/17 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and clamp
something together

If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

You *cut* Ram nuts off, you don't *crush* them. The Rams tend to get a
bit upset if you try that!

--

Xeno

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On 11/04/2017 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Tile, ceramic cutter maybe.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:35:40 +1000, Xeno
wrote:

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and clamp
something together

If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

You *cut* Ram nuts off, you don't *crush* them. The Rams tend to get a
bit upset if you try that!

Not often you can tell someone they are talking ******** and be bang
on the subject..
http://zwartblesireland.com/2013/ram-lamb-castration/

About 10th picture down the page.

Father used to have one of those Burdizzo tools for use on calves
,always made me wince when he used it.
Lambs he did deal with by a sharp knife but in later years he adopted
the changed to the elasticated ring method.
Having been out of agriculture for decades I'm not sure if the clamp
method is still widely use in the UK or even if it still permitted but
other countries still use them.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/17 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and
clamp something together

If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

You *cut* Ram nuts off, you don't *crush* them. The Rams tend to get a
bit upset if you try that!

google 'castration tongs' and see. Anyway its Oz. All bets are off!

Not that it was a serious suggestion. :-)

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Xeno
writes
On 11/04/17 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and
clamp something together
If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

You *cut* Ram nuts off, you don't *crush* them. The Rams tend to get a
bit upset if you try that!

Er.. you crush the cord on calf testicles but only after a shot of pain
killer. Look up Burdizzo...

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 1:22:51 PM UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Xeno
writes
On 11/04/17 10:36, F Murtz wrote:
Noddy wrote:
On 11/04/17 4:02 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a
concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long.

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.
Its obviously some tongs designed to get into a confined space and
clamp something together
If its Australian Id guess at ram castrators. :-)

You *cut* Ram nuts off, you don't *crush* them. The Rams tend to get a
bit upset if you try that!

Er.. you crush the cord on calf testicles but only after a shot of pain
killer. Look up Burdizzo...

--
Tim Lamb

Lambs have a strong elastic band put on behind the machinery

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 04:37:18 -0700 (PDT), fred

Tim Lamb

Lambs have a strong elastic band put on behind the machinery

Are you trying to get the previous poster nervous?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message ,
writes
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 04:37:18 -0700 (PDT), fred

Tim Lamb

Lambs have a strong elastic band put on behind the machinery

Are you trying to get the previous poster nervous?

Waste of good rubber at my age!

The applicator was known as a fanny stretcher when my father kept Sheep.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2017 21:09, Tim Lamb wrote:

The applicator was known as a fanny stretcher when my father kept Sheep.

A thing a little like circlips pliers, but with three ends?

We've used them before now for electronics stuff - gaskets, O rings,
that sort of thing.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Vir
Campestris writes

A thing a little like circlips pliers, but with three ends?

We've used them before now for electronics stuff - gaskets, O rings,
that sort of thing.

Crikey. I remember using them to put rubber boots on cables used in
airport landing lights. Summer job in a local factory, when I was at
school. Took a strong grip to open the boot - we kept the boots in a
bucket of hot water, to make them a little softer.
--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

On 13/04/2017 08:02, Graeme wrote:
In message , Vir
Campestris writes

A thing a little like circlips pliers, but with three ends?

We've used them before now for electronics stuff - gaskets, O rings,
that sort of thing.

Crikey. I remember using them to put rubber boots on cables used in
airport landing lights. Summer job in a local factory, when I was at
school. Took a strong grip to open the boot - we kept the boots in a
bucket of hot water, to make them a little softer.

Hellerman(?) sleeve pliers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Vir Campestris
scribeth thus
On 12/04/2017 21:09, Tim Lamb wrote:

The applicator was known as a fanny stretcher when my father kept Sheep.

A thing a little like circlips pliers, but with three ends?

We've used them before now for electronics stuff - gaskets, O rings,
that sort of thing.

Andy

Hellerman pliers for putting rubber sleeves on cables, used them back at Pye TV
transmitters around 1969 when i was an apprentice wireman..

They still make 'em!.

http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/55...ANDER-TOOL-KIT
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tony sayer
writes

Hellerman pliers for putting rubber sleeves on cables, used them back at Pye TV
transmitters around 1969 when i was an apprentice wireman..

Thank you Sam and Tony. The ones in the link don't look exactly like
the ones I remember, but close enough, and I used them during school
holidays, probably summer 1968 or thereabouts.

--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y,aus.cars

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:08:13 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Any ideas?
aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such
questions.

Once upon a time alt.fan.cecil-adams was the place for arcane
stuff/questions. Nowadays it just seems to attract unfettered spam.