Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default He must have been doing it himself

Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 16:07:47 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter
--

Or a laser cutter, but I'd have thought a block of ice would have worked after all you know the saying "what goes up must come down".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:35:06 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

Doctors report rare case of ‘penile strangulation’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Would they have used a medical "multimasrer" type tool?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...illating_tools
says they won't cut flesh, I have to report I havn't tried to with my
Work-zone, and anyway I don't possess a cock ring.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:16:42 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 16:07:47 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of ‘penile strangulation’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter
--

Or a laser cutter, but I'd have thought a block of ice would have worked after all you know the saying "what goes up must come down".

The whole cold shower libedo killing thing is a myth. It's a wonder
how it ever started.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2017 16:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 16:07:47 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert
wrote:

In article
,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter --

Or a laser cutter, but I'd have thought a block of ice would have
worked after all you know the saying "what goes up must come down".

Depends on how long its been up!

Cross your legs[1] and watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0VtHez9xI

[1] probably not voluntary anyway!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote

Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Unlikely the fire brigade would have much use for something more suitable.

Its easy to see why they'd have an angle grinder.

Less clear why the hospital doesnt have a better ring cutter tho
given that they must get some who get normal rings impossible
to get off fingers. Presumably because they are Irish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually this is not uncommon. The usual treatment is ice so the errection
reduces enough for removal.

Maybe this is just the Irish method, over kill.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
Doctors report rare case of 'penile strangulation'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

I guess most jewellery is comparatively soft metal.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Doctors report rare case of ‘penile strangulation’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Using an angle grinder on a "titanium-based ring" must have produced a
decent shower of sparks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

So what was the angle grinder used for - actually to cut the ring or just to
make the man so scared that his penis deflated all by itself? :-)

I presume we aren't talking about a 6" (or bigger) diameter grinder but a
very small precision one with a great deal of control over its movement to
avoid taking a gouge out of flesh. Even heating of the metal by friction
would be a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2017 17:29, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Unlikely the fire brigade would have much use for something more suitable.

Its easy to see why they'd have an angle grinder.

Less clear why the hospital doesnt have a better ring cutter tho
given that they must get some who get normal rings impossible
to get off fingers. Presumably because they are Irish.

Most rings are soft.
Titanium is hard to cut.
Pretty stupid to not use plastic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

But it isnt clear what the Irish consider to be standard medical equipment.

I find it hard to believe that what is normally used to cut rings on fingers
that cant be got past knuckles cant be used to cut a ring on a dick unless
the dick ring was stupidly designed with much harder metal than finger
rings normally are or the ring is thicker metal so the jaws can't be opened
far enough or something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

So what was the angle grinder used for - actually to cut the ring or just
to make the man so scared that his penis deflated all by itself? :-)

I presume we aren't talking about a 6" (or bigger) diameter grinder but a
very small precision one with a great deal of control over its movement

Unlikely that the Eire fire brigade would routinely have one of those in the
fire truck.

to avoid taking a gouge out of flesh. Even heating of the metal by
friction would be a problem.

Corse the other real possibility is that some journo
utterly mangled what was actually used to cut the ring.

Lets not forget that immortal line that if you actually know
anything about what actually happened with a particular news
event, you can't even recognise it once a journo reports it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/17 20:24, NY wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

So what was the angle grinder used for - actually to cut the ring or
just to make the man so scared that his penis deflated all by itself? :-)

a vibrating - not rotating - diamond cutter (dremel sized) will cut
anything hard but leave flesh alone as it just 'wobbles' a bit.

I presume we aren't talking about a 6" (or bigger) diameter grinder but
a very small precision one with a great deal of control over its
movement to avoid taking a gouge out of flesh. Even heating of the metal
by friction would be a problem.

water solves that easily

And the sharper the cutter the less heast.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

dennis@home Wrote in message:
On 16/03/2017 17:29, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Doctors report rare case of ?penile strangulation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Unlikely the fire brigade would have much use for something more suitable.

Its easy to see why they'd have an angle grinder.

Less clear why the hospital doesn?t have a better ring cutter tho
given that they must get some who get normal rings impossible
to get off fingers. Presumably because they are Irish.

Most rings are soft.
Titanium is hard to cut.
Pretty stupid to not use plastic.

Aye aye Dennis...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16-Mar-17 9:24 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

According to the article, it was made from titanium. Finger rings are
usually gold or platinum.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Caecilius
writes

Using an angle grinder on a "titanium-based ring" must have produced a
decent shower of sparks.

Hope he shaved his pubes, otherwise instant bonfire :-)
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3/16/2017 6:29 PM, Nightjar wrote:
On 16-Mar-17 4:12 PM, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:35:08 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to have one of these when I was working in the NHS

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click

It says in the article that standard medical equipment had not been
effective.

Yes, that would be fine for brass, silver or gold, not so good on
titanium (or stainless steel)!

Dremel cutting disk at low speed, someone else misting with water to
keep it cool.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Graham.
writes
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter

I think I'd try WD40 first.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

The mistake that chap made with his 'poor chap' was in using a titanium
ring. Titanium is a bugger to machine (and therefore cut) unlike brass,
silver or gold (or even stainless steel).

It surprises me that the medics didn't think to use leeches which, just
for once ISTM, would have been a valid choice to drain the excess of
blood and deflate the erection. One has to wonder just how small a
diameter of ring did this chap choose to use on his 'chap'?

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Johnny B Good
writes
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

The mistake that chap made with his 'poor chap' was in using a titanium
ring. Titanium is a bugger to machine (and therefore cut) unlike brass,
silver or gold (or even stainless steel).

It surprises me that the medics didn't think to use leeches which, just
for once ISTM, would have been a valid choice to drain the excess of
blood and deflate the erection.

19th century technology strikes again
One has to wonder just how small a
diameter of ring did this chap choose to use on his 'chap'?

Too small.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2017 14:53, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:15:01 +0000, bert wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Well a power washer wouldn't be much use.

The mistake that chap made with his 'poor chap' was in using a titanium
ring. Titanium is a bugger to machine (and therefore cut) unlike brass,
silver or gold (or even stainless steel).

It surprises me that the medics didn't think to use leeches which, just
for once ISTM, would have been a valid choice to drain the excess of
blood and deflate the erection. One has to wonder just how small a
diameter of ring did this chap choose to use on his 'chap'?

Part of the difficulty I suspect that if you get swelling beyond that
normally expected (i.e. things balloon up either side of the ring), even
a "normal" deflating may not be enough to slide it off. Add to that the
comment made in the video I linked above about how after 4 hours
ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then often
too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to get
stab happy with something pointy!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of 'penile strangulation'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to bend 25mm steel rods over mine as a party piece.

Can't do it now though, my wrists are ****ed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Doctors report rare case of 'penile strangulation'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Using an angle grinder on a "titanium-based ring" must have produced a
decent shower of sparks.

Not to mention the shower of obscenities

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Doctors report rare case of €˜penile strangulation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

Would they have used a medical "multimasrer" type tool?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...illating_tools
says they won't cut flesh, I have to report I havn't tried to with my
Work-zone, and anyway I don't possess a cock ring.

They have oscillating "angle grinders" in the NHS.
They're used for cutting away plaster casts.
We used to get them in for repair from time to time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/17 16:39, John Rumm wrote:

Part of the difficulty I suspect that if you get swelling beyond that
normally expected (i.e. things balloon up either side of the ring), even
a "normal" deflating may not be enough to slide it off. Add to that the
comment made in the video I linked above about how after 4 hours
ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then often
too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to get
stab happy with something pointy!

Your knowledge of the subject is disturbing, John!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

Not necessarily solid gold or platinum tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2017 18:03, Tim Watts wrote:
On 17/03/17 16:39, John Rumm wrote:

Part of the difficulty I suspect that if you get swelling beyond that
normally expected (i.e. things balloon up either side of the ring), even
a "normal" deflating may not be enough to slide it off. Add to that the
comment made in the video I linked above about how after 4 hours
ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then often
too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to get
stab happy with something pointy!

Your knowledge of the subject is disturbing, John!

Not half as disturbing as the remedies suggested by the urologist in the
video ;-)

fx: crosses legs

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2017 19:37, John Rumm wrote:
On 17/03/2017 18:03, Tim Watts wrote:
On 17/03/17 16:39, John Rumm wrote:

Part of the difficulty I suspect that if you get swelling beyond that
normally expected (i.e. things balloon up either side of the ring), even
a "normal" deflating may not be enough to slide it off. Add to that the
comment made in the video I linked above about how after 4 hours
ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then often
too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to get
stab happy with something pointy!

Your knowledge of the subject is disturbing, John!

Not half as disturbing as the remedies suggested by the urologist in the
video ;-)

fx: crosses legs

Would anyone here be stupid enough to use a titanium ring when they
probably have some cable ties in the tools box?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/17 20:26, dennis@home wrote:

Would anyone here be stupid enough to use a titanium ring when they
probably have some cable ties in the tools box?

Velcro tape (cable tidy, double sided/self joining) would be a better
bet. Not that I've thought too much about this application!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2017 20:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 17/03/17 20:26, dennis@home wrote:

Would anyone here be stupid enough to use a titanium ring when they
probably have some cable ties in the tools box?

Velcro tape (cable tidy, double sided/self joining) would be a better
bet. Not that I've thought too much about this application!

Maybe he should have used a fitbit?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2017 20:26, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Don't they pinch?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
Doctors report rare case of 'penile strangulation'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39285486

but did they really need to use an angle grinter ?

I used to bend 25mm steel rods over mine as a party piece.

Can't do it now though, my wrists are ****ed.

It all seems like a load of rot, bolt cutter type cutters would work,
titanium is not all that invincible
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/03/2017 02:53, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

They might if you tighten them after fitting.
I was thinking of the velcro ones at the time.
Maybe you were thinking of the metal fold over ones?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

after 4 hours
ischemia sets in, and the blood basically starts to clot. Its then
often
too thick to flow our via the normal mechanisms - and someone has to
get
stab happy with something pointy!

Does "clot" describe the congealed blood or the person who uses the ring -
or both? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/03/2017 12:26, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Just the normal zip tie nylon type...