Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible adhesive plastic trim

My new integrated fridge-freezer came with a length of flexible soft white
plastic trim: right-angled, with one leg wider the other and an adhesive
strip down the wider part. It was to cover any gap between the edge of the
fridge-freezer and the side of the housing cabinet.

Does anyone know if this trim (or something similar) can be bought
separately? Various Google searches have turned up rigid hard-plastic
equivalents but not an exact match. I'd like to use it to cover an
unsightly gap between the side of a cupboard and an uneven wall.

Many thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/17 09:53, Bert Coules wrote:
My new integrated fridge-freezer came with a length of flexible soft
white plastic trim: right-angled, with one leg wider the other and an
adhesive strip down the wider part. It was to cover any gap between the
edge of the fridge-freezer and the side of the housing cabinet.

Does anyone know if this trim (or something similar) can be bought
separately? Various Google searches have turned up rigid hard-plastic
equivalents but not an exact match. I'd like to use it to cover an
unsightly gap between the side of a cupboard and an uneven wall.

Many thanks.

Search for "upvc flexible trim"?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Search for "upvc flexible trim"?

Thanks for the thought. In fact, that's one of the things I tried. It
throws up several similar products but no exact matches: ideally I'd like
the same sort of extreme flexibility as the fridge-freezer trim, which the
search result items don't appear to have. See, for example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Plast.../dp/B00GOUFNFM

which is actually something I've used before but isn't quite right for my
present purpose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/17 10:15, Bert Coules wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Search for "upvc flexible trim"?

Thanks for the thought. In fact, that's one of the things I tried. It
throws up several similar products but no exact matches: ideally I'd
like the same sort of extreme flexibility as the fridge-freezer trim,
which the search result items don't appear to have. See, for example:

If really flexi, maybe it's some form of silicone rubber?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

If really flexi, maybe it's some form of silicone rubber?

I wondered about that, and also about masking the gap with a large bead of
silicone, but the fridge-freezer strip is so perfect for the job that I'd
like to use that if I can. Perhaps I should ask Zanussi.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bert Coules pretended :
My new integrated fridge-freezer came with a length of flexible soft white
plastic trim: right-angled, with one leg wider the other and an adhesive
strip down the wider part. It was to cover any gap between the edge of the
fridge-freezer and the side of the housing cabinet.

Does anyone know if this trim (or something similar) can be bought
separately? Various Google searches have turned up rigid hard-plastic
equivalents but not an exact match. I'd like to use it to cover an unsightly
gap between the side of a cupboard and an uneven wall.

Many thanks.

Just a suggestion, which might not be what you are looking for...

You can get white self adhesive bath sealer on a roll. As it unrolls,
it can be folded to a right angle, with the adhesive on both faces. The
adhesive is quite thick and goohie, will stick to anything once
pressure rolled on to spread the adhesive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Just a suggestion, which might not be what you are looking for...
You can get white self adhesive bath sealer on a roll...

Thanks for that: I've now found several retailers who stock it, and in
different widths to boot. Depending on just how flexible it is, it's the
closest I've so far seen to what I'm after. I'll take a look.