Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default replacing 'o' ring/seal on Wickes own brand pressure washer

How do I get into my Wickes own brand pressure washer to replace a water inlet
seal? I can see that this is split and the water sprays out. So much so now
that I am not getting any pressure to cause a jet of water. There are screws
of some sort at the back of the machine but neither a star screwdriver nor a
flat head seem to fit. I have also tried an allan key.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8v
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8w
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8x
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rosaline Bray m wrote:
How do I get into my Wickes own brand pressure washer to replace a water inlet
seal? I can see that this is split and the water sprays out. So much so now
that I am not getting any pressure to cause a jet of water.

The inlet seal (if you really mean that) won't affect the jet of water
coming out of the lance, it will just mean that you're wasting water.

There are screws
of some sort at the back of the machine but neither a star screwdriver nor a
flat head seem to fit. I have also tried an allan key.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8v
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8w
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8x
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/8y

No screws in view on any of these pictures, can you get a picture of
one of the screw heads?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:06:10 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

There are screws
of some sort at the back of the machine but neither a star screwdriver nor a
flat head seem to fit.

They may be security Torx which have a pin in the centre to prevent a
normal torx screwdriver fitting them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Rosaline Bray, Peter Williams wrote:
Hi can we get patio adaptor to go on these jet washes as i have this from
wicks years ago thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1195616-.htm