Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH radiators always on

For once this is my problem rather than sons or daughter.

Our central heating appears to be a basic S-type system with a Vaillent
Ecotec Plus 428 boiler, Siemens RWB2E timeswitch and RCR10 wireless room
stat. 2 Zone valves, one for CH, one or hot water. All installed by a
local company about 10 years ago.

Because of my persistent bad back, I don't feel safe climbing into the
airing cupboard and measuring voltages after taking covers off the boxes
there.
I have reset and checked the 2 controllers and all lights come on as
expected as dials are turned.

For about 5 days now the heating has been staying on all night. I've
been looking at the diywiki site and can't see how, with the stat and
timeswitch set to OFF, the system can be running. I can't believe that
both timeswitch and stat could have both failed at the same time.

Is there something I'm missing?
--
Bill

Best radiators and TRV's [email protected] UK diy 5 July 10th 08 06:16 PM
Radiators jaycee UK diy 2 February 22nd 06 08:50 PM
radiators jaycee UK diy 4 February 11th 06 12:30 PM
Radiators On or Off? [email protected] UK diy 10 October 13th 05 02:43 PM
Air in radiators Blair UK diy 1 October 22nd 04 05:26 PM