Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Column radiators aka "school rads" efficiency...

harry Wrote in message:
On Saturday, 4 March 2017 07:45:11 UTC, jim wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
In article ,
jim k wrote:
None of the heat is wasted.
Ergo efficiency is always 100%

Bollox! I want to warm the room not the underdrawing to the boiler
& back....

Then you must thing a rad has hot water in, room temperature water out...

Nope.
You seem to thick pipework to & from a radiator emits no heat...
Especially in draughty cellars..

You seem to be trying to tell me a length of copper pipe is as
good at heating a room as a radiator...

Dunno why you are arguing over a topic in which your knowledge is total zero.
Did you have any education at all?

Ooh dear, sounds like a losers argument hazza?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 08:20:31 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 04/03/2017 00:28, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 3 March 2017 17:55:41 UTC, jim wrote:

" Efficiency, of course, refers to very different inputs and
outputs in different fields and industries"

Indeed ;-)

And in the case of radiators, the input is heat in the water and the output to the room is heat too. There is no conversion process, no other inputs or outputs, and no loss.

There's also space efficient - heat output/cm3.

Space efficiency, material efficiency, cost efficiency etc. But this thread is about efficiency, which is heat out over heat in.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jim k wrote:
Bollox! I want to warm the room not the underdrawing to the boiler
& back....

Then you must thing a rad has hot water in, room temperature water out...

Nope.
You seem to thick pipework to & from a radiator emits no heat...
Especially in draughty cellars..

If you don't want heat loss from the pipework, insulate it.

You seem to be trying to tell me a length of copper pipe is as
good at heating a room as a radiator...

How you you think underfloor heating works?

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k wrote:
Bollox! I want to warm the room not the underdrawing to the boiler
& back....

Then you must thing a rad has hot water in, room temperature water out...

Nope.
You seem to thick pipework to & from a radiator emits no heat...
Especially in draughty cellars..

If you don't want heat loss from the pipework, insulate it.

You seem to be trying to tell me a length of copper pipe is as
good at heating a room as a radiator...

How you you think underfloor heating works?

Missed my addendum 45 seconds after the post you replied to did
you you?

The one with "**** poor pedantry" in ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim k wrote:
Bollox! I want to warm the room not the underdrawing to the boiler
& back....

Then you must thing a rad has hot water in, room temperature water out...

Nope.
You seem to thick pipework to & from a radiator emits no heat...
Especially in draughty cellars..

If you don't want heat loss from the pipework, insulate it.

You seem to be trying to tell me a length of copper pipe is as
good at heating a room as a radiator...

How you you think underfloor heating works?

Missed my addendum 45 seconds after the post you replied to did
you you?

The one with "**** poor pedantry" in ;-)

It was best missed as it added nothing.

When asking for technical advice, it helps to know what technical terms
mean. If you don't, best not to use them.

--
*I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k wrote:
Bollox! I want to warm the room not the underdrawing to the boiler
& back....

Then you must thing a rad has hot water in, room temperature water out...

Nope.
You seem to thick pipework to & from a radiator emits no heat...
Especially in draughty cellars..

If you don't want heat loss from the pipework, insulate it.

You seem to be trying to tell me a length of copper pipe is as
good at heating a room as a radiator...

How you you think underfloor heating works?

Missed my addendum 45 seconds after the post you replied to did
you you?

The one with "**** poor pedantry" in ;-)

It was best missed as it added nothing.

When asking for technical advice, it helps to know what technical terms
mean. If you don't, best not to use them.

Pfft! Oh dear the science has left the building I see :-D
just the handwavy "armchair expert" bluster remains ;-)

I already have the practical #real world# answer I was after,
shortly after asking, without any of your & others pedantic
attempts to sound knowledgeable. Theory vs practice...

Watching pedants squirm was an added "bonus" :-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim k wrote:
[...]

says the man who's never willing to get real or grow up, or stop wasting people's time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jim k wrote:
Watching pedants squirm was an added "bonus" :-)

Only one squirming was you. Everyone else seems to understand what
efficiency means.

You obviously subscribe to the Humpty Dumpty principle:-

When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, it
means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.

The question is, said Alice, whether you can make words mean so many
different things.

The question is, said Humpty Dumpty, which is to be master thats
all.
-- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

--
*Taxation WITH representation ain't much fun, either.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k wrote:
[...]

Troll

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k wrote:
Watching pedants squirm was an added "bonus" :-)

Only one squirming was you. Everyone else seems to understand what
efficiency means.

Hey you n nige. New brdpartners? Oh & harry too... Menage a 1&1/4?

Where's the science gone? Lol :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim k wrote:
Watching pedants squirm was an added "bonus" :-)

Only one squirming was you. Everyone else seems to understand what
efficiency means.

Hey you n nige. New brdpartners? Oh & harry too... Menage a 1&1/4?

Where's the science gone? Lol :-)

Get a grip Jim.

Troll

oh dear

21 "dead" Sandy Hoax school children spotted alive and well in Oregon. Ed Huntress Metalworking 2 September 8th 14 04:14 AM
OT - Auto Insurance Reduction For Child "Away At School" DerbyDad03 Home Repair 3 September 10th 13 09:29 PM
What to put behind radiators to improve efficiency 405 TD Estate UK diy 6 May 19th 07 06:11 PM
column radiators SoWeezy UK diy 1 April 3rd 06 03:37 PM
"Old school" method of attaching sole plate to concrete vs. Tapcons. Sean M Home Repair 8 February 2nd 06 11:27 AM