Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ridged carpet fix?

I was let down by carpet fitters three times, with the carpet ready to
fit stored in the garage ready for the hall/stairs/landing. Those who
bothered to quote, made it not worth my while DIY'ing. Over the weekend
I gave up and installed it myself, except the carpet as laid, now has
ridges across it from being badly stored.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help remove the ridges and to get it
to lay flat please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 06/02/2017 09:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I was let down by carpet fitters three times, with the carpet ready to
fit stored in the garage ready for the hall/stairs/landing. Those who
bothered to quote, made it not worth my while DIY'ing. Over the weekend
I gave up and installed it myself, except the carpet as laid, now has
ridges across it from being badly stored.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help remove the ridges and to get it
to lay flat please?

Does this help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6FlPnRotM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote :
On 06/02/2017 09:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I was let down by carpet fitters three times, with the carpet ready to
fit stored in the garage ready for the hall/stairs/landing. Those who
bothered to quote, made it not worth my while DIY'ing. Over the weekend
I gave up and installed it myself, except the carpet as laid, now has
ridges across it from being badly stored.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help remove the ridges and to get it
to lay flat please?

Does this help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6FlPnRotM

A little. She mentioned steam cleaning as a last resort, I wonder if a
wall paper steamer might work as well?