Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dual fuel towel rail

Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/02/2017 18:48, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

Why not put the towel rads on their own zone?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:48, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

Why not put the towel rads on their own zone?

Hmm.. Lots of extra piping as two rads are at the ends of the house.
Might need to steal a manifold outlet as the system is ordered. Hmm..

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 18:49:13 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

I've never found a need for one. If towels aren't dry by next day they're folded up too much or excessively wetted, either of which is trivial to avoid.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:48, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

Why not put the towel rads on their own zone?

Hmm.. Lots of extra piping as two rads are at the ends of the house.
Might need to steal a manifold outlet as the system is ordered. Hmm..

Wouldn't it be better to put it on the flow side rather than the return?
It'll be a very tepid radiator otherwise I would have thought.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim+
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:48, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

Why not put the towel rads on their own zone?

Hmm.. Lots of extra piping as two rads are at the ends of the house.
Might need to steal a manifold outlet as the system is ordered. Hmm..

Wouldn't it be better to put it on the flow side rather than the return?
It'll be a very tepid radiator otherwise I would have thought.

I don't know the expected return temperature. There can't be much drop
across the circuits as the layouts are not spiral and the simple zig/zag
would lead to a noticeable differential across the rooms.

I am beginning to think this is a step too far. Our current set up is
for the boiler to bypass through the bathroom radiators so we are a bit
spoiled.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 February 2017 21:13:40 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
tabbypurr writes
On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 18:49:13 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Any experience?

Screwfix offer a raft of towel rails, some of which claim dual fuel
function.

With wet underfloor heating there is a plan to use electric towel rails
(timer controlled). Tempting to route the floor heating return pipe
through a modest sized rail and save the electricity during the winter
months.

I've never found a need for one. If towels aren't dry by next day
they're folded up too much or excessively wetted, either of which is
trivial to avoid.

You don't share a bathroom with a wife?:-)

It's not something we've ever found a challenge, it's trivial after all.

NT

Leaking towel rail RodC UK diy 3 January 8th 12 02:45 PM
Dual fuel towel radiator Will UK diy 2 March 23rd 08 05:00 PM
Heated Towel Rail billy1 UK diy 3 June 10th 07 05:28 PM
Heated towel rail Totally clueless UK diy 22 May 31st 07 11:01 PM
Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM