Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Vaillant Code 3

Vaillant came out to fix a boiler under warranty. They changed a part
(water pressure sensor) and issued a warning notice, saying
"Your appliance has been fully tested and meets design specification.
However during the day's visit the engineer identified non-product
issues that require immediate attention. The details of any remedial
work required listed below."

The engineer has ticked "code 3 system water quality. The system water
failed to ability test and or colour comparison test."

There is a box to show actual turbidity level, which has been left
blank, but I have received a letter from them saying "the central
heating system has been overdosed with cleanser/inhibitor".

I assume it is a straightforward matter of draining the system and
refilling it with the correct amount of inhibitor in.

However, I am quite surprised that is possible to overdose a system with
inhibitor to the extent that it really matters. The stuff is quite
expensive, so why would the fitter have put too much in? I have known
the fitter for a few years now, and he strikes me as a sensible
reasonable person, who generally knows what he is doing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The engineer has ticked "code 3 system water quality. The system water
failed to ability test and or colour comparison test."

You would think that an official notice like that would be written
with correct grammar.

I also find it odd that Google seems unaware of this form of words, I
was curious as to what a code 1 or code 2 might refer to, I am none
the wiser.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 31/01/2017 12:19, Graham. wrote:

The engineer has ticked "code 3 system water quality. The system water
failed to ability test and or colour comparison test."

Sorry, my dictation software corrected it. "failed to ability test "
should read "failed a turbidity test "

I corrected the error elsewhere.

Anyway, my real question is how easy is, if the installer has overdosed
the inhibitor, and how much does it matter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:52:28 +0000, GB
wrote:

On 31/01/2017 12:19, Graham. wrote:

The engineer has ticked "code 3 system water quality. The system water
failed to ability test and or colour comparison test."

Sorry, my dictation software corrected it. "failed to ability test "
should read "failed a turbidity test "

I corrected the error elsewhere.

Anyway, my real question is how easy is, if the installer has overdosed
the inhibitor, and how much does it matter?

Sounds like an arse covering exercise on their part.
The water in the primary circuit was discoloured, or cloudy. Could
they tell why, without a chemical analysts? At least they didn't put
it down to the installer not flushing the pipework out properly and
possibly invalidating the warranty.
Can too much inhibitor cause corrosion, in the same way as too much
fluoride causes tooth decay?

I wonder if you can get a kit to measure the concentration, like we
used to use a hydrometer on our antifreeze at the onset of winter?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I want to test C#code ,how Can i study ,? I want to get C# code What site.? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 13th 06 05:33 AM
vaillant help me please john.matthews8 UK diy 6 January 27th 06 10:26 PM
vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 1 November 11th 05 07:58 PM
vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 2 November 6th 05 09:11 PM
Vaillant Turbo max 824 /2e fault code f 22 mew UK diy 2 May 24th 05 07:37 PM