Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Replacing an immersion heater

I need to replace an immersion heater that's been in the cylinder for
over 40 years. It looks well crusted in place. So, how much force can
you put on it to unscrew it without rupturing the cylinder? Is there
anything I can do to ease it, or is brute force the way to do it?

Also, the cylinder is full of hot water. I'll need to drain the cylinder
through a hose at the bottom. Will an ordinary garden hose be okay with
piping hot water, or do I need to cool the cylinder down first by
running off the hot water?

You can tell that this is not a job I've done before.

Immersion heater. Ian Field Electronics Repair 11 January 20th 16 09:16 PM
replacing immersion heater Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 15 February 21st 12 08:19 PM
Immersion Heater The Medway Handyman UK diy 26 January 24th 07 09:21 PM
immersion heater painterman1 UK diy 9 December 30th 06 07:22 PM
FINALLY got the immersion heater out - and it looks fine! Any point replacing? Jonathan UK diy 7 April 3rd 06 11:13 PM