Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Air Ram etc.

I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it
doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way
of making the place look tidy quickly.

Has anyone any experience of one?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote in news
I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it
doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way
of making the place look tidy quickly.

Has anyone any experience of one?

Battery life and replacement cost........?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/16 23:16, R D S wrote:
I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it
doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way
of making the place look tidy quickly.

Has anyone any experience of one?

I have a first-generation Air-Ram K9, and the handheld one too. The
upright is great, collects an amazing amount of cat hair the Numatic
George doesn't, and it is light to carry. Doesn't reach edges completely
though. Battery life seems OK, charge time reasonable. The handheld less
impressive but OK. The handheld had a battery fail in warranty- replaced
with no difficulty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:16:02 +0000, R D S wrote:

I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it
doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way
of making the place look tidy quickly.

Has anyone any experience of one?

We were put off the Air Ram by a member of staff at John Lewis who said
they had stopped stocking it because of the high level of returns.

We bought the Dyson instead.

Generally very pleased with it, but it does have quite a short run time so
not good for doing the whole house in one go.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

My concern about battery life is not the period between charges, but the
number of months before performance starts to drop and you then need a new
battery - or you put up with declining performance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn writes:
My concern about battery life is not the period between charges, but the
number of months before performance starts to drop and you then need a new
battery - or you put up with declining performance.

I don't have one, but there are a couple of handheld Dysons in the family
(2 and 4 years old I think), and neither have any obvious reduction in
battery power yet.

My one comment from using them is they are very effective at picking up
dust, which also means they fill up very quickly and you need to empty
them often. For this reason, I prefer the larger Dysons, such as the
DC07, which has a nice large dust cannister, but these are too heavy
for some people. The smaller hand-helds are probably not suitable if
you go for occational complete spring-cleans, rather than a daily
whip around for just dusty spots, crumbs after dinner, etc.

--
Andrew Gabriel