Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A Public Liability (pictures)

I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it
up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 16:15:27 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it
up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to see by.
They are still up there, presumably trying to make good the damage
before the owner returns.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it
up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to see by.
They are still up there, presumably trying to make good the damage
before the owner returns.

Judging by some roofing work I had done recently, a good few days making
those tiles good. And that's assuming they know what they're doing . . .

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it
up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to see by.
They are still up there, presumably trying to make good the damage
before the owner returns.

Judging by some roofing work I had done recently, a good few days making
those tiles good. And that's assuming they know what they're doing . . .

Yikes! Makes me shiver to see how they work. The same way I did. I hated
those f***in Rosemary tiles. They can look quite strong from above but
the damage occurs on the underside. Sometimes to the extent that a
finger could be pushed through the top surface to find the body of the
tile none existent.

I have dealt with bad stacks but I would have walked away from that.

....Ray.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
[...]

Here is a closeup I took in 2014
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/7yd0t3

What would be the recommended way of taking it down?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , RayL12
scribeth thus
wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
[...]

Surly that was a scaffold job and remove and rebuild stack?..

Those pots with the "H" arrangement on top must weigh a ton!
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar epatching it
up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from scratch...

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to see by.
They are still up there, presumably trying to make good the damage
before the owner returns.

I'm sure it will look super when the sun comes out - all the bricks
nicely true, properly spaced, and no cement on the brick faces... ;-)

Please do take a close-up tomorrow morning...

I'm sure it must be too cold for mortaring up there anyway, so it will
break apart really easily, ready to be redone.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

last night and today's added to same album.

I think they've missed a sales opportunity there, to smear mortar over
the neighbour's crumbling bricks as well ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/16 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but
we all heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there
when it happened and seemed to continue as if nothing had
happened. https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8 The property
owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they are
cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

That's a rancid knackered stack! I do not know why they ar
epatching it up - it wants taking off and rebuilding from
scratch...

It's 1639, Manchester and little more than a crescent moon to
see by. They are still up there, presumably trying to make good
the damage before the owner returns.

I imagine there will be plenty more interesting photos before it
gets sorted out. It almost calls for a web cam. :-)

last night and today's added to same album.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/b63096
The dark ones were taken at 4:30, in reality it was almost totally
dark. Check out the EXIF.

Great series of pictures, the little detail I love is the aerolelastic
securing the ladder to the window frame, they obviously take health and
safety very seriously.

Have you contacted the council about this, they have inspectors for jobs
like this and would probably take enforcement action so the job was done
properly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2016 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Did they arrive with a drop side transit with a horse head picture on
the door?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2016 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Very badly equipped. A terrible roof to work on. An accident waiting to
happen.

Next door's wall-mounted MBM46 aerial is interesting.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 17:17:27 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Very badly equipped. A terrible roof to work on. An accident waiting to
happen.

Next door's wall-mounted MBM46 aerial is interesting.

Bill

Which direction out of the 3 the aerials are pointing to do you think
is correct one ?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/12/2016 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Very badly equipped. A terrible roof to work on. An accident waiting to
happen.

Next door's wall-mounted MBM46 aerial is interesting.

Bill

I think that one is on M-y-P and the odd one out on the stack is on
SC.

Funnily enough it turned out that the guy who had them put up, when I
moved here in 1976, was a colleague of mine at Granada Rentals. I
can't remember anything about him now.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Graham.
escribió:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8

Bloody hell. Made an already dodgy roof worse.

Was that little dip in the tiles in the first pic there before they
started?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 03:49:39 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , Graham.
escribió:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8

Bloody hell. Made an already dodgy roof worse.

Was that little dip in the tiles in the first pic there before they
started?

I guess so, all they had done at that point was erect the ladders.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Graham.
escribió:

I guess so, all they had done at that point was erect the ladders.

Ta.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:10:32 UTC, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Well, lucky there's no rain forecast for a few days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 04/12/2016 16:10, Graham. wrote:
I didn't capture what happened between DSCF7217 & DSCF7218 but we all
heard the crash. The two guys were perched up there when it happened
and seemed to continue as if nothing had happened.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/4RR2U8
The property owners don't seem to be home. It's getting dark and they
are cementing the bricks back. Oh wait they've got some tiles.

I'll keep you posted.

Ta

I enjoyed that.

--