Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Spare blades for Parkside multi tool

Anyone know what other brands of blades will fit the Parkside multitool.
Or where I can get blades for the Parkside, I dont want to buy a pack of
different blades but just one specific one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

Anyone know what other brands of blades will fit the Parkside multitool.
Or where I can get blades for the Parkside, I dont want to buy a pack of
different blades but just one specific one.

I think they boil down to just two types, quick release ones with an
"open" fixing and fein/bosch compatible with "closed" fixing, e.g. see
the difference between these

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 22:08:19 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

ss wrote:

Anyone know what other brands of blades will fit the Parkside multitool.
Or where I can get blades for the Parkside, I dont want to buy a pack of
different blades but just one specific one.

I think they boil down to just two types, quick release ones with an
"open" fixing and fein/bosch compatible with "closed" fixing, e.g. see
the difference between these

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

I bought the Aldi "Workzone" version and the blades look like this
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/t848Q0
Can you get generic ones, or should I stock up at Aldi?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg
http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

I bought the Aldi "Workzone" version and the blades look like this
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/t848Q0

The second type "closed" should fit it ...

the pins that fit your round holes should also fit the elongated slots,
and ignore the "starburst" centre section.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2016 23:21, Andy Burns wrote:
Graham. wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

I bought the Aldi "Workzone" version and the blades look like this
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/t848Q0

The second type "closed" should fit it ...

the pins that fit your round holes should also fit the elongated slots,
and ignore the "starburst" centre section.

so standard bosch blades from screwfix would do?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MrCheerful wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

the pins that fit your round holes should also fit the elongated slots,
and ignore the "starburst" centre section.

so standard bosch blades from screwfix would do?

From the look of them, yes; but Bosch and Makita blades seem waaay
overpriced to me, maybe I'm missing out that they never wear out, or
something?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

I bought the Aldi "Workzone" version and the blades look like this
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/t848Q0

The second type "closed" should fit it ...

the pins that fit your round holes should also fit the elongated slots,
and ignore the "starburst" centre section.

so standard bosch blades from screwfix would do?

The Aldidl ones fit my Bosch, so I would assume so.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20quick%20mod.jpg

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/images/product/35mm%20coarse%20pat%20mod.jpg

I bought the Aldi "Workzone" version and the blades look like this
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/t848Q0

The second type "closed" should fit it ...

the pins that fit your round holes should also fit the elongated slots,
and ignore the "starburst" centre section.

so standard bosch blades from screwfix would do?

Or if you dont need them today I have always fond these suppliers quite
good.

http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris B wrote:

http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk

saxton blades and antler blades I linked to earlier are different names
for the same manufacturer, usually the antler ones are slightly cheaper,
but worth checking both their websites, and both their shops on
amazon/ebay to see which is the cheapest option ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

ss wrote:

Anyone know what other brands of blades will fit the Parkside multitool.

I think they boil down to just two types

Digging a but deeper on the saxton website, it seems that "supercut" and
"worx" tools have different fittings too ...

http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/quick_release_fitting.php
http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/star_hole_fitting.php
http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/supercut_fitting.php
http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/worx_fitting.php

If your parkside tool is the PMFW280-A2, they say either of the first
two will fit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
Anyone know what other brands of blades will fit the Parkside multitool.
Or where I can get blades for the Parkside, I dont want to buy a pack of
different blades but just one specific one.

So far I haven't found any blades that don't fit any tool and I have a
mix of CPC/Duratool, Parkside and Bosch. The cheaper tools tend to
have 'universal' sort of clamps that can cope with all the different
types.

--
Chris Green
·

Cheap multi-tool blades [email protected] UK diy 19 May 16th 16 06:03 PM
Aldi multi-tool blades set £5.99 mike[_7_] UK diy 2 July 23rd 14 11:18 PM
multi tool blades Jim K[_3_] UK diy 12 November 28th 13 08:55 AM
Multi tool blades at Aldi again GMM[_3_] UK diy 5 June 14th 13 07:36 PM
Multi tool blades The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 October 31st 12 03:32 PM