Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Eyesight

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:15:20 -0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 02/11/2016 16:56, Brian Gaff wrote:
I am not allowed to drive, never have been. I don't know what the picture
shows but there can be many reasons for people not reading number plates.

Driving without the right glasses on is the most common cause.

Illegal placement of characters, wrong font, correctable eyesight issues
long or short sight and of course Nystigmous which can be really very bad
news.

Or in this case failure to focus or hold the camera steady compounded by
JPEG compression artefacts from hell and overexposure.

Best guess is SH10ZTB but S/5, 1/I 0/O Z/2 B/8 are all ambiguous.

Please remove yourself from the roads I drive on.

--
Microsoft: This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chuckle. I think my late Mother must have taken more pictures of here out of
focus fingers than anything else.

Its not so bad now one can just delete the evidence of course, but sadly she
died before this became an everyday thing.

I am blind due to RP, but I drew the short straw and its spread over the
whole retina, so I have not ven got tunnel vision.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
news
wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used to have a cheap camera and did that too. Ones with sticky out lenses, or a viewfinder that goes through the lens, make that impossible.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:04:22 -0000, Brian-Gaff wrote:

Chuckle. I think my late Mother must have taken more pictures of here out of
focus fingers than anything else.

Its not so bad now one can just delete the evidence of course, but sadly she
died before this became an everyday thing.

I am blind due to RP, but I drew the short straw and its spread over the
whole retina, so I have not ven got tunnel vision.
Brian

--
For this race I'm going to be using "beati dogu". Japanese for the ancient art of driving a sports car round a track faster than a greyhound. -- Richard Hammond