Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old fireplace identification

I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a
house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of
them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify them to
determine if they're worthless junk or something I could ebay.

Does anyone have any pointers, or words that I could usefully google
as a starting point? Pictures are he

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/ro...ary/Fireplaces

I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 19/11/2016 16:41, Caecilius wrote:
I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a
house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of
them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify them to
determine if they're worthless junk or something I could ebay.

Does anyone have any pointers, or words that I could usefully google
as a starting point? Pictures are he

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/ro...ary/Fireplaces

I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.

Do a search on ebay for prices of similar, then sell on ebay or gumtree,
or both.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 19/11/2016 17:09, ss wrote:
I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.

Do a search on ebay for prices of similar, then sell on ebay or gumtree,
or both.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...place&_sacat=0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:10:42 +0000, ss wrote:

On 19/11/2016 17:09, ss wrote:
I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.

Do a search on ebay for prices of similar, then sell on ebay or gumtree,
or both.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...place&_sacat=0

Thanks. That ebay search for victorian cast iron fireplace picked up
a few similar to what I've got, which gives me a place to start.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Caecilius wrote:

ss wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...place&_sacat=0

Thanks. That ebay search for victorian cast iron fireplace picked up
a few similar to what I've got, which gives me a place to start.

Tick the "sold listings" box to see what they've actually gone for ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 18:28, Andy Burns wrote:
Caecilius wrote:

ss wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...place&_sacat=0

Thanks. That ebay search for victorian cast iron fireplace picked up
a few similar to what I've got, which gives me a place to start.

Tick the "sold listings" box to see what they've actually gone for ...

I sold one for £600 IIRC.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 19/11/16 16:41, Caecilius wrote:
I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a
house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of
them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify them to
determine if they're worthless junk or something I could ebay.

Does anyone have any pointers, or words that I could usefully google
as a starting point? Pictures are he

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/ro...ary/Fireplaces

I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.

Where are you and what are the exact sizes, I am looking for a couple
like that. (I have LV/Edwardian house but missing fireplaces)

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2016 16:41, Caecilius wrote:
I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a
house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of
them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify them to
determine if they're worthless junk or something I could ebay.

Does anyone have any pointers, or words that I could usefully google
as a starting point? Pictures are he

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/ro...ary/Fireplaces

I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the
building, but that's about it.

I bought one similar to the non-tiled after watching ebay for a while.
They do sell, but don't expect a great deal - I paid £10 IIRC.

--
Cheers, Rob

Bug identification clifto Home Repair 1 August 10th 07 05:10 AM
IC identification [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 8th 07 03:28 PM
Fireplace Insert..Ideas on how to clean up fireplace area...Help...Ideas.... Solomon_Man Home Repair 0 July 6th 06 09:38 PM
Bug identification help JJ Home Repair 7 November 6th 05 01:43 PM
To fireplace or not to fireplace... (repair or remove) Dan_Musicant Home Repair 8 September 29th 05 02:51 PM