Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace MCB with RCBO in Wylex NHRS17SL board?

Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2016 16:05, wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2016 16:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 15/11/2016 16:05, wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.

How old is your CU?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.

How old is your CU?

It's about 9-10 years old.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 15/11/2016 20:04, wrote:
On 15/11/2016 17:54, ARW wrote:
wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.

How old is your CU?

It's about 9-10 years old.

Wylex are a strange bunch. I would expect your CU to be able to take an
RCBO.

The older Wylex CUs do take the Proteck spacesaver RCBOs.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2016 20:37, ARW wrote:
On 15/11/2016 20:04, wrote:
On 15/11/2016 17:54, ARW wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I hadn't heard of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.

In case it's of interest to anyone else: Wylex have said that the
NHXSBS1Bxx range will fit (so you were right, John, and my doubts were
misplaced).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2016 12:50, wrote:
wrote:
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board?
The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the
outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by
replacing one RCD and MCB with an RCBO but I can't find one that looks
like it would fit. Is there one?

There would appear to be a full range of RCBOs for this CU he

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WYNHRS17SL.html

Hmm, I'd seen those but they all look tall enough to interfere with the
earth bar. I've just found the email address for Wylex tech help so will
fire off an email to them.

In case it's of interest to anyone else: Wylex have said that the
NHXSBS1Bxx range will fit (so you were right, John, and my doubts were
misplaced).

To be fair, single module RCBOs are tight fit on many CUs so Its easy to
understand the concern...

--
Cheers,

John.