Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
N. Thornton

Default It just goes round and round

Hi

Been trying to undo the washing machine drum central nut, but the drum
just goes round. We couldnt stop it turning, so couldnt undo the nut.
How to stop the drum rotating??

I did think of jamming wood between a drum pulley rib and a rib of the
outer tub (drum's outer casing), but the pressure on it would be
enormous, many times the force put on the bar driving the nut, so i
didnt want to smash the tub doing that.

How do you folks do it?

Regards, NT

Sealing round the bath Mr Bean UK diy 17 January 30th 04 01:39 PM
Feeding cables in 20mm round conduit Andy Hide UK diy 13 September 11th 03 08:49 PM
Plastic filler (grout) round bath? Alan Holmes UK diy 1 August 10th 03 02:10 PM