Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Christian McArdle

Default Slate floor products

I'm going to install a slate floor in my kitchen. I'm planning:

1. 6mm plywood sheet over existing hardboard.
2. Adhesive
3. Slates
4. Lithofin MN Power-Clean
5. Lithofin MN StainStop
6. Lithofin MN Colour Intensifier

I'm planning to use Indian/Chinese style slate. The rough stuff with red
streaks in, anyway. Is this a reasonable sequence? The floor will be a
fraction over 10m2.

Some questions:

1. Is 6mm plywood a good base to start on? Should I PVA it first?
2. What adhesive should I use?
3. How many coats of StainStop and Colour Intensifier should I use?
4. How many litres will I need of each?
5. At what point in the sequence do you grout? (i.e. before, after or in
between coats of the StainStop?)
6. Do I need a particular type of grout? What colour looks good and won't
look manky in five year's time?

Christian.

Cutting and laying slate tiles for a hearth Gidon UK diy 9 November 4th 03 10:59 PM
New roof; slate or tiled N. Thornton UK diy 0 October 26th 03 02:18 PM
Sanding slate Andy Dingley UK diy 1 August 20th 03 09:47 PM
Slate floor sealing.... Andy Hall UK diy 0 July 14th 03 10:48 PM