DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TPO's (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/5363-tpos.html)

take away nojunk January 19th 04 04:49 PM

TPO's

Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my back
garden, gonna have to cut several down for new extension, can the neighbours
complain, non of the trees are obscuring views etc, simply for decoration, some
have become to big for garden anyway, cheers Tel

Andy Farrall January 19th 04 04:50 PM

TPO's

"take away nojunk" wrote in message
Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my

back
garden, gonna have to cut several down for new extension, can the

neighbours
complain, non of the trees are obscuring views etc, simply for decoration,

some
have become to big for garden anyway, cheers Tel

Take a look at:

http://www.naturenet.net/trees/tpo.htm

Andy

Christian McArdle January 19th 04 04:56 PM

TPO's

Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my
back
garden,

Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.

Christian.

ng January 19th 04 04:59 PM

TPO's

"take away nojunk" wrote in message
Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees

in my back
garden,

yes - cut them down quick before they get wind of your intentions

Tony Bryer January 19th 04 05:09 PM

TPO's

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.

Unless you're in a Conservation Area where they're protected already.

Christian McArdle January 19th 04 05:13 PM

TPO's

Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.

Unless you're in a Conservation Area where they're protected already.

OTOH, it appears from that link that planning permission overrides a TPO.
Does the extension have/require PP?

Christian.

MrCheerful January 19th 04 07:31 PM

TPO's

"take away nojunk" wrote in message
Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my

back
garden, gonna have to cut several down for new extension, can the

neighbours
complain, non of the trees are obscuring views etc, simply for decoration,

some
have become to big for garden anyway, cheers Tel

basically any tree with a trubk of over 3 inch diameter can qualify , so get
the chainsaw out quick.

MrCheerful

the q January 19th 04 07:40 PM

TPO's

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.

Unless you're in a Conservation Area where they're protected already.

OTOH, it appears from that link that planning permission overrides a TPO.
Does the extension have/require PP?

Christian.

Chop them down **before** you get the Planning people in, or as happened

to a friend, the planner went straight back and organised a TPO!!! causing
the plans to have to be changed!

The Q

take away nojunk January 19th 04 07:51 PM

TPO's

basically any tree with a trubk of over 3 inch diameter can qualify , so get
the chainsaw out quick.

Chainsaw oiled up and fuelled ready for action Saturday, cheers everyone for
the "advice". Tel

Sneezy January 19th 04 08:33 PM

TPO's

ojunk (take away nojunk) wrote in
:

basically any tree with a trubk of over 3 inch diameter can qualify ,
so get the chainsaw out quick.

Chainsaw oiled up and fuelled ready for action Saturday, cheers
everyone for the "advice". Tel

No one's even considered asking the trees what they think about it.
Typical.

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." -
Putt's Law

PoP January 20th 04 01:14 PM

TPO's

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:33:04 GMT, Sneezy
wrote:

No one's even considered asking the trees what they think about it.
Typical.

I side with that comment too. I happen to like trees.

What we need is one of those trees that appeared in the Lord of the
Rings trilogy.

And I'll bet the tree doesn't get an oscar either. It'll probably be
claimed it was a wooden performance.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.