Kevin Duggan

Default Fascias and guttering

Hi all,
The wooden fascias on our terraced house are looking a bit worse for wear
and a coat of paint won`t sort them!
I know there are two options for sorting them: Strip them off completely and
replace with UPVC fascia, or just cover them with UPVC fascia. As the wood
looks to be in pretty bad condition I`m more inclined towards a total
stripdown.
Now then, does anyone have an idea what sort of cost we are looking at? I`d
prefer to get someone in to do at as I`m assuming some roof tiles will need
to be removed and new flashing fitted(?), this is way beyond my abilities.
There is approx 25m in total length of fascia and horizontal guttering and
20m total length of gutter down pipe.

I`d gratefully appreciate any advice or approx costs on the work to be done.
Cheers,
Kev

Set Square

Kevin Duggan wrote:

Hi all,
The wooden fascias on our terraced house are looking a bit worse for
wear and a coat of paint won`t sort them!
I know there are two options for sorting them: Strip them off
completely and replace with UPVC fascia, or just cover them with UPVC
fascia. As the wood looks to be in pretty bad condition I`m more
inclined towards a total stripdown.
Now then, does anyone have an idea what sort of cost we are looking
at? I`d prefer to get someone in to do at as I`m assuming some roof
tiles will need to be removed and new flashing fitted(?), this is way
beyond my abilities. There is approx 25m in total length of fascia
and horizontal guttering and 20m total length of gutter down pipe.

I`d gratefully appreciate any advice or approx costs on the work to
be done. Cheers,
Kev

My father in law has recently had his gutters and fascias done. His house is
a bungalow with a total of about 20 metres of fascia/gutter. He had seamless
aluminium gutters and uPVC capping over the existing wooden fascias.
Including 2 downpipes (which are probably shorter than yours) the cost for
this part was £388 + VAT.

You would need to scale this up a bit, and also to allow for additional
access costs if yours is a 2 storey house rather than a bungalow.

Unless your fascias are very rotten, it will probably be sufficient just to
replace the worst bits, rather than all of it - it all gets covered up
anyway!
--
Cheers,
Set Square