fireblade

Default Cutting worktop and painting wood in kitchen?? whats best??

Hi all,
can anyone help with the best way to cut a laminate worktop to size.. i'm
assuming if I just cut it the laminate will chip? And I've just made a
cupboard for the kitchen using ordinary kilndried wood and cheap pine from
BnQ.... and was wondering whats the best to paint it with, as it will need
regular wiping down etc...

idea's/experiences appreciated...

tom

The Natural Philosopher

fireblade wrote:

Hi all,
can anyone help with the best way to cut a laminate worktop to size.. i'm
assuming if I just cut it the laminate will chip? And I've just made a
cupboard for the kitchen using ordinary kilndried wood and cheap pine from
BnQ.... and was wondering whats the best to paint it with, as it will need
regular wiping down etc...

idea's/experiences appreciated...

tom

Probably the easiest is to use masking tape over the cutting line -
helps stop splintering - and cut from the other side, because that
usually cuts upwards.

If you have a router with a long cutter, cut 3mm oversize, and edge rout
back to the correct size.