BobTheBuilder

Default Underfloor Heating - Opinions?

Hello,

We are planning to get an entire flat tiled, and have under floor
heating beneath. Can we then get rid of the conventional radiators?
i.e. Is the heat generated comparable, or better than the conventional
radiators? Or does it just keep your feet warm!

Also, is tiling living areas common these days? i.e. Anyone out there
doing / considering doing it?

Would any of you prefer to live in a flat that has a tiled, under
floor heated throughout as opposed to carpeted or even wooden floor?

Opnions of any kind welcome!
Mary Fisher

"BobTheBuilder" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

We are planning to get an entire flat tiled, and have under floor
heating beneath. Can we then get rid of the conventional radiators?
i.e. Is the heat generated comparable, or better than the conventional
radiators? Or does it just keep your feet warm!

Also, is tiling living areas common these days? i.e. Anyone out there
doing / considering doing it?

It seems to be fairly common in Germany, a son and family who were posted
there were enthusiastic about it and have tiled the English houses they've
lived in since they came back.

Would any of you prefer to live in a flat that has a tiled, under
floor heated throughout as opposed to carpeted or even wooden floor?

I wouldn't. I hate having hot feet. At the end of a day when I've been in
such a building I feel drained. It's a personal opinion.

Plain wooden floors with central or or gas or other fire heating would be my
choice. Tiles don't give anything you drop a chance and carpets have Things
living in them. Well, they did here.

Mary

Opnions of any kind welcome!

Christian McArdle

We are planning to get an entire flat tiled, and have under floor
heating beneath. Can we then get rid of the conventional radiators?

Sorry to come in late on this one. You may need to check the terms of your
lease. You are frequently required to fit carpet, for soundproofing.

Christian.