Timbo

Default Shared Interests

I would like to introduce www.sharedinterests.co.uk to the users of
this group. My website is basically an interests site coupled with user
contact and information services.
If I have offended you then please accept my appologises but I feel
that everybody can benefit.
Tim Sims.
geoff

In message , Timbo
writes
I would like to introduce www.sharedinterests.co.uk to the users of
this group. My website is basically an interests site coupled with user
contact and information services.
If I have offended you then please accept my appologises but I feel
that everybody can benefit.
Tim Sims.

What is this obsession with usernames and passwords

if it's meant to be a public forum, then keep it that way, keep it open

--
geoff
David Hearn

geoff wrote:
In message , Timbo
writes
I would like to introduce www.sharedinterests.co.uk to the users of
this group. My website is basically an interests site coupled with
user contact and information services.
If I have offended you then please accept my appologises but I feel
that everybody can benefit.
Tim Sims.

What is this obsession with usernames and passwords

if it's meant to be a public forum, then keep it that way, keep it
open

Usenames + passwords are probably tied to email addresses, so there's at
least some way of trying to make sure that people don't have multiple
pseudonyms or post as other poeple. Obviously, people can use different
email addresses. IMM kicked up a fuss when someone posted here as him - on
other web-based boards if there wasn't username/passwords you could have
people posting as anyone.

Most places make it very easy to register - enter your chosen
username/password and your email address. Wait 2 minutes for an email.
Click on link in email to validate your email address and then you're going.
I'm sure the benefits outweigh the problems.