Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
lodtop

Default Boiler probs

Any help will be appreciated.

Got a combination boiler,it started leaking all over the place last
night.

Got an emergency plumber in today at £57 / half hour plus VAT.

He told me it's the heat exchanger ( will confirm this with Ideal
Boilers tomorrow) although he didn't pinpoint the leak.

He's quoting £1500 all in for a new boiler.

Our house is a small 3 bedroom end terrace - the current boiler size
is 90,000 Btu/h and the one he recommended is exactly the same size,
this is despite telling him we are extending next year and would need
a bigger boiler.

So.......any recommendations? Should I get a new boiler now (condensor
or combi) or should I get a new heat exchanger fitted as we'll be
extending next year and will have to get a new boiler anyway?

Thanx, Lod

Gas boiler service review/advice David Hearn UK diy 1 November 18th 03 04:21 PM
Replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 38 November 12th 03 11:10 PM
Boiling boiler Lazy Beetle UK diy 2 October 28th 03 11:30 AM
New boiler operation/settings John UK diy 3 October 27th 03 10:57 PM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM