Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DeWalt 18 V battery

I have a pretty useful DeWalt XRP hamnmer drill/driver
The batteries are NiCad and now holding very little charge.

Charged them fully on a professional NiCad charger - no difference.

As the DeWalt charger is a dual NiCad / NiMh thinking that I might as
well replace with NiMh packs ....

The DeWalt ones are £54 per battery .......... form dealer, or around
£35 on eBay ... yet loads on generic NiMh eBay at ~£19 such as:
http://tinyurl.com/jsflzqc

Anybody any experience of this make .... or care to point towards good
generic batteries rather than DeWalt brand

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9/22/2016 10:12 PM, rick wrote:
I have a pretty useful DeWalt XRP hamnmer drill/driver
The batteries are NiCad and now holding very little charge.

Charged them fully on a professional NiCad charger - no difference.

As the DeWalt charger is a dual NiCad / NiMh thinking that I might as
well replace with NiMh packs ....

The DeWalt ones are £54 per battery .......... form dealer, or around
£35 on eBay ... yet loads on generic NiMh eBay at ~£19 such as:
http://tinyurl.com/jsflzqc

Anybody any experience of this make .... or care to point towards good
generic batteries rather than DeWalt brand

There was a posting recently from someone who did a similar replacement
on Makita NiCads. I've just received my sets of the same replacements
from China, but havn't done the job yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3908484375...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 00:00:54 +0100, newshound wrote:

On 9/22/2016 10:12 PM, rick wrote:
I have a pretty useful DeWalt XRP hamnmer drill/driver
The batteries are NiCad and now holding very little charge.

Charged them fully on a professional NiCad charger - no difference.

As the DeWalt charger is a dual NiCad / NiMh thinking that I might as
well replace with NiMh packs ....

The DeWalt ones are £54 per battery .......... form dealer, or around
£35 on eBay ... yet loads on generic NiMh eBay at ~£19 such as:
http://tinyurl.com/jsflzqc

Anybody any experience of this make .... or care to point towards good
generic batteries rather than DeWalt brand

There was a posting recently from someone who did a similar replacement
on Makita NiCads. I've just received my sets of the same replacements
from China, but havn't done the job yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3908484375...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yesterday I collected a Floureon 18V NiMH battery for my Makita combi.
http://amzn.to/2dhhxPW
First impressions:
It's reassuringly heavy (although what's inside it...); the NiCad 1.3Ah is
850g, a Bosch 18V, 2Ah LiOn is 350g and this one is 825g.
It had plenty of oomph as delivered and took about 45 min. to show a full
charge.
Have no way of testing its capacity, but if it's reallistcally 2Ah it'll be
OK.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2016 08:56, PeterC wrote:

Yesterday I collected a Floureon 18V NiMH battery for my Makita combi.
http://amzn.to/2dhhxPW
First impressions:
It's reassuringly heavy (although what's inside it...); the NiCad 1.3Ah is
850g, a Bosch 18V, 2Ah LiOn is 350g and this one is 825g.
It had plenty of oomph as delivered and took about 45 min. to show a full
charge.
Have no way of testing its capacity, but if it's reallistcally 2Ah it'll be
OK.

Seen that make ..... and be interested to knopw if it is good one.
(price is good)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:28:15 +0100, rick wrote:

On 24/09/2016 08:56, PeterC wrote:

Yesterday I collected a Floureon 18V NiMH battery for my Makita combi.
http://amzn.to/2dhhxPW
First impressions:
It's reassuringly heavy (although what's inside it...); the NiCad 1.3Ah is
850g, a Bosch 18V, 2Ah LiOn is 350g and this one is 825g.
It had plenty of oomph as delivered and took about 45 min. to show a full
charge.
Have no way of testing its capacity, but if it's reallistcally 2Ah it'll be
OK.

Seen that make ..... and be interested to knopw if it is good one.
(price is good)

When I need to drill some holes that'll give it worthwhile 'exercise' I'll
post my impression of how it does - might be some time though.

The old NiCad 1.3Ah batteries did 50-off 8mm holes in the wall of my
neighbour's house on about 1½ charges, but that sort of opportunity is rare,
at least if one wants to avoid annoying too many neighbours!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to rick, Jason wrote:
Take a look at frog they buy packs of tools and split them down, so tend to
have good deals on batteries etc

http://www.frogpowertools.co.uk/

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...y-1157521-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9/24/2016 8:56 AM, PeterC wrote:
[...]

That *is* interesting, I didn't realise you could get NiMH in the "old"
Makita NiCad style battery. Bookmarked!