Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which TRV?

A bit too much choice! which would folk recommend & why?
S= Screwedfix
T= Toolsatan

S 5.99 random 31811
S 5.49 random 60368
S 10.99 drayton 53581 RT212 15mm + lockshield
S 9.99 drayton 25900 RT212 15mm
S 14.99 danfoss 49331 with lockshield
S 11.49 danfoss 70871
S 15.99 honeywell 9449H
S 14.99 perler terrier 2 19052
T 6.74 tower 80954
T 5.74 contract 91607
T 26.50 tower electronic 64673
T 37.42 " with bluetooth 87693 ??15mm
T 20.66 Sunvic 77290

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela writes:
On 20:40 12 Sep 2016, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article
,
writes:
A bit too much choice! which would folk recommend & why?
S= Screwedfix
T= Toolsatan

S 5.99 random 31811
S 5.49 random 60368
S 10.99 drayton 53581 RT212 15mm + lockshield
S 9.99 drayton 25900 RT212 15mm
S 14.99 danfoss 49331 with lockshield
S 11.49 danfoss 70871
S 15.99 honeywell 9449H
S 14.99 perler terrier 2 19052
T 6.74 tower 80954
T 5.74 contract 91607
T 26.50 tower electronic 64673
T 37.42 " with bluetooth 87693 ??15mm
T 20.66 Sunvic 77290

I use Drayton TRV4, because over the years, I've never had one
fail. They aren't cheap, although I have got a good price buying
10 or more, when I haven't been in a hurry and can keep an eye
out for a good offer.

About 10 years ago. We had nothing but that classic Drayton TRV4 on
all our radiators. They all failed. Turns out the Fernox MB-1
inhibitor we had in the system reacts with the valve seal to cause
malfunction.

Fernox hinted at this to me without committing themselves and
eventually someone from Drayton came round and changed the valves for
a different model. I forget which.

Interesting - who paid for that?

I always use Sentinel X100.
I just took a new TRV4 out of its box to look at, and the valve
looks to be a rubber washer closing onto a chromed brass seat.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

(Andrew Gabriel) Wrote in message:

writes:
[...]

I've always used TRV4s. Ne er had a problem with them. Have
Sentinel in this system, can't remember for the old
house.

Odd that there would be a problem with the Fernox, maybe there was
something iffy with the valve seals?

Chris French
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/09/2016 23:46, Chris French wrote:
I've always used TRV4s. Ne er had a problem with them. Have
Sentinel in this system, can't remember for the old
house.

Last house had TRV4s on every radiator bar one. When I got there, the CH
was untreated water. Flushed the system, took radiators off one by one
for flush in garden, used Sentinel. Topped it up every few years.

Eventually had to replace one TRV4 (with another), seemed to be a bit
"sticky". That was it.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 September 2016 20:40:25 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr writes:

A bit too much choice! which would folk recommend & why?
S= Screwedfix
T= Toolsatan

S 5.99 random 31811
S 5.49 random 60368
S 10.99 drayton 53581 RT212 15mm + lockshield
S 9.99 drayton 25900 RT212 15mm
S 14.99 danfoss 49331 with lockshield
S 11.49 danfoss 70871
S 15.99 honeywell 9449H
S 14.99 perler terrier 2 19052
T 6.74 tower 80954
T 5.74 contract 91607
T 26.50 tower electronic 64673
T 37.42 " with bluetooth 87693 ??15mm
T 20.66 Sunvic 77290

I use Drayton TRV4, because over the years, I've never had one fail.
They aren't cheap, although I have got a good price buying 10 or more,
when I haven't been in a hurry and can keep an eye out for a good
offer.

£15-16 on ebay doesn't seem bad, now bought. Thank you everyone.

NT