Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Blow torch

Is yours the Rothenberger Superfire 2?

http://www.rothenberger.co.uk/en/pro...fire-2-torch-/

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2016 21:21, ARW wrote:
Is yours the Rothenberger Superfire 2?

http://www.rothenberger.co.uk/en/pro...fire-2-torch-/

I have one. Quite expensive but I would recommend it. It lights first
time every time at the press of the button with one handed operation.
It means that I can solder and then put down the torch unlit. I use it
with MAP/PRO gas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 30/08/2016 21:21, ARW wrote:
Is yours the Rothenberger Superfire 2?

http://www.rothenberger.co.uk/en/pro...fire-2-torch-/

I have one. Quite expensive but I would recommend it. It lights first time
every time at the press of the button with one handed operation. It means
that I can solder and then put down the torch unlit. I use it with
MAP/PRO gas.

Well todays top tip.

If you are a plumber then do not let your apprentice load it into the van.

The daft sod did not close the gas valve or use the on/off switch. On a
sharp bend the torch rolled over in the tool bag, instantly lit and set fire
to the coat in the back of the van.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Is yours the Rothenberger Superfire 2?

No, but if my GoSystem torch

http://go-system.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/261

were to mysteriously break, I'd think of a way to justify replacing it
with a Superfire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 21:21:37 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Is yours the Rothenberger Superfire 2?

http://www.rothenberger.co.uk/en/pro...fire-2-torch-/

I looked at some of the cheaper Rothenbergers on screwstation, they got terrible reviews.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 21:53:14 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
The daft sod did not close the gas valve or use the on/off switch. On a
sharp bend the torch rolled over in the tool bag, instantly lit and set fire
to the coat in the back of the van.

Could have been worse.

Could have set fire to the sandwiches.

Owain

Butane 7.5 kg gas blow torch John Weston UK diy 0 December 9th 10 05:48 PM
Gas blow torch Moonraker[_2_] UK diy 2 December 3rd 10 04:15 PM
blow torch recommendations? Stephen[_6_] UK diy 20 August 6th 09 10:11 PM
Blow torch, propane torch mm Home Repair 39 March 31st 06 02:15 AM
blow torch Steve UK diy 7 August 16th 03 11:40 AM