Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jak

Default Any thoughts for covering internal bricks walls?

Hi all,

Any thoughts or suggestions for the following.

My house is a traditional 1940's 3 bed-semi, with a "lean-to/utility" on the
side.

Want to decorate this "lean-to" and change it from being just a brick
outhouse to a nice utility room. I've already made a false floor to raise
it level with the kitchen / front & back doors, now I looking to cover the
brick walls.

The "lean-to/utility" side is about 17ft by 5ft.

I thought of plasterboarding the whole utility room but I think it will cost
alot to have the whole room skimmed by a plasterer.

I had thought of painting straight onto plasterboard or even wallpapering
(but worried it maybe too damp/or not suitable for wallpaper).

Any other thoughts for cover the walls?

Thanks In advance

JAK