Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Boiler won't ignite after pilot light relit

Hi John

John Rumm wrote:

On 22/08/2016 23:23, jkn wrote:
Replying to my own posting:

curses - looks like the 'whooshing' noise was because my good lady wife,
when asked to turn on the heating, did just that - turned on the hot
water AND the heating. I think the 'whooshing' noise was actually the CH
pump circulating (cold) water.

;-)

It sounds like if you have a pilot that stays on once lit, then the
thermocouple is fine. If you can measure mains at the input of the gas
valve when the demand is on from the room stat, then the control wiring
and internal thermostat and fuse etc are also fine. That leads us to the
conclusion that the gas valve is knackered.

Yep, that was pretty much the conclusion I had come to. Just weird how it
coincided with the supply being cut off. I see that the Honeywell valve
models used on this boiler are relatively cheap on eBay; I may look into
that option.

Thanks for your on- ad off-line help with this.

Cheers
Jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2016 21:06, jkn wrote:
Hi John

John Rumm wrote:

On 22/08/2016 23:23, jkn wrote:
[...]

What model valve is it? (I have a spare in my workshop that came out of
a working ideal mexico)

--
Cheers,

John.