DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aga running too hot (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/400223-aga-running-too-hot.html)

[email protected] August 13th 16 08:20 PM

Aga running too hot

I have had a second fire valve installed in line to protect our boiler since this was installed our aga keeps running too hot and makes strange sounds

TimW August 13th 16 10:10 PM

Aga running too hot

On 13/08/16 20:20, wrote:
I have had a second fire valve installed in line to protect our boiler since this was installed our aga keeps running too hot and makes strange sounds

don't know about the fire valve, but the Aga bloke told me that fuel oil
is very variable in quality and content. Is it just a new batch in the tank?

TW

Tim+[_5_] August 13th 16 10:33 PM

Aga running too hot

wrote:
I have had a second fire valve installed in line to protect our boiler
since this was installed our aga keeps running too hot and makes strange sounds

Thank you for the info. Is there a question in there?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] August 14th 16 12:40 AM

Aga running too hot

On 13/08/16 20:20, wrote:
I have had a second fire valve installed in line to protect our boiler since this was installed our aga keeps running too hot and makes strange sounds

you could turn the thermostat down?

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

Brian Gaff August 14th 16 10:35 AM

Aga running too hot

Quick get a recorder and record it, might be the next no.1.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Fredxxx August 14th 16 04:53 PM

Aga running too hot

On 13/08/2016 20:20, wrote:
I have had a second fire valve installed in line to protect our
boiler since this was installed our aga keeps running too hot and
makes strange sounds

I assume the Fire Valve is a manually resettable valve inline with the
oil feed, measuring the temperature at some point in your Aga.

I'm wondering if he defeated the thermostat to prove operation and
simply hasn't put it back to your normal setting.

TimW August 14th 16 05:38 PM

Aga running too hot

you could turn the thermostat down?

That is good advice. And a burner will make some strange sounds if it is
running at a different temp.