Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint for laminated doors

I've got 6 fairly large (2.4m x 0.5m) laminated chipboard doors that
need painting. At the moment, they're painted with what seems to be
emulsion - it scrapes off quite easily. It's mid-green matt, and I
intend to paint them a lighter beige type colour.

Any suggestions for preparation and paint?

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 10:10:18 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 11/08/2016 19:13, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 11 August 2016 09:59:30 UTC+1, RJH wrote:

I've got 6 fairly large (2.4m x 0.5m) laminated chipboard doors that
need painting. At the moment, they're painted with what seems to be
emulsion - it scrapes off quite easily. It's mid-green matt, and I
intend to paint them a lighter beige type colour.

Any suggestions for preparation and paint?

Alkyd gloss.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Immediate problem is getting the stuff
that's already on off . . .

People often remove what comes off readily, and leave what doesn't. Alkyd is the usual household gloss. Dulux & Leyland are good. Leyland topcoat has little white content so the undercoat needs to be 100%.

NT