Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulation "problems"??

Hi,
I am going to ask here because I do not want truck with "sales calls".

I keep getting a call from some company or other ( can never hear the name) about loft insulation I have allegedly go in my roof that could be "irritant".

I keep being asked questions (this is when I put the phone down)about how long my insulation has been in the loft, and whether I paid for it or whether it came as part of a scheme....

So what is this about? Trying to sell me more insulation or trying to rip out the existing insulation or what?

By the way, they have wrong information because I have loft insulation going back around 20 years ago topped up by hubby around five years back.

I applied for new insulation under a grant scheme a few years back but we didnt take it because they wanted to fill the walls with cavity insulation and put a blanket of insulation across the roof and we would have lost our boarded out loft storage space- so hubby put in some extra insulation himself just around the outsides of the boarded area instead. Since they wanted to dictate what insulation and cavity wall insulation as well and it came as a package, we didnt get the offer one.

Anyone had anything like this who can tell me what it is about? I am curious and the calls are a bit of a annoyance now. I really do not want to engage a person on a cold call on the phone. I dont like being questioned about my home and my finances by strangers on the phone.....I did ask " What are you trying to sell me?" and she said " Nothing".....which I cant believe.