Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Immigrants

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 20:00:56 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 28 July 2016 20:45:09 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Is that good or bad, considerign teh French are
striking
they
want a workign week to have a maxium of 48 hours and a
normal working week of 35 hours. While here in the UK
Jamie
oliver expects British workers to work 80-120 hours
and
doctors and health pros are already working 60+ hour
weeks.

Is that good or bad ?

Well, Jamie Oliver is obviously a prat. Plenty of
bosses
would be delighted to force workers to do those sort
of hours. Except themselves, of course.

They do in fact work those sorts of hours themselves.

Not for £7 an hour he didn't

He may well have done early on, and for less than that
too.

he said he worked in his father sresturant

Pub actually.

a pub called The Cricketers.

It served food, in those days there weren't gasto pubs as
such.
It was a pub that served food and had rooms to rent.
http://www.thecricketers.co.uk/

do yuo realyl think he was paid even the mimiunm
wage, and why would his dad pay him anyway ?

Because you are likely to get more work out of him that way.

unlikey he was paid the going rate even at the time.

My india friend who worked in his dads shop from 7am
to 8pm in petticoat lane didn't get paid a single penny.
He worked for the family the profit of teh shop not money
for teh individual, he wss NEVER employed from the age
of about 7 until he left school to become a medical
technician.

Yeah, that's not uncommon.

I used to 'help' my dad with his averies he had about 80
budgies
at
one
point adn have a dozon or so other parrots If I dinl;t help
him
clean
the
cages out I didn't get my pocket money.

You just don't pay family a wage in the
way you'd pay someone you employ.

Some do, but usually fudge it to minimise the amount the tax
man
gets.

That's why I mentioned tax you would have a kid as being
employed
in
resturant or a pub and at ~16 he went to colleg in London so
wabtl
at
home
.

and he was working in his father pub not for someone
else.

So he may well have not even been paid as much as other
employees
initially. And he didnt always work in his dad's pub
either.

and if you get the chance to 'employ' illegal immigrant
there's
only
one
reason to employ illegal immigrants over legal, trained and
registared
staff.

There are a lot more reasons than just the one.

I wasn;t including free sex .

My next door neighbour employs lots of them and has no
choice on that, if he doesnt employ them, the work doesnt
get done and the harvesting and pruning etc doesnt get done.

So thre'e no way he can employ people and he hasn;lt any kids
assume,

He did, but didnt have anything like enough of them to
do the work and they werent interested in doing that work.

Why should anyone be intrested in that work.

Because if you know what you are doing you end
up with more money than what you lot call benefits.

Yep but it's mor than just knowing what you are doing

Nope, not with picking and pruning and driving the machinery.

reams of your mindless silly **** flushed where it belongs

and back packers are rarely chefs.

BULL****. Hordes of the backpackers we get are.

they are NOT chefs at most they are cooks or kitchen hands, there's a
differnece.

Wrong, as always.

right as always, casual kitchen workers are NOT called chefs, except in
the places
you eat like mcdonalds I suupose the burger flippers are called chefs
there.

The most important person in the kitchen is mostly called
a chef in most restaurants and plenty of them are casuals.

They are not chefs that's the point. They mighty turn up in a superman T-shirt but that deosnt; mean they are supermen.
Chefs are head of the kitchen they wonlt be sweeping up the rat **** off teh floor.

And I never eat in McDs.

What makes you think they are chefs working in them then ?

Do you really thibnk a resturant would have it's menu set and cooked
by causual backpakers that stay from a few days to a couple of weeks.

They do in fact mostly stay for the entire season, particularly in the
tourist traps.

Deosn;t make them chefs.

That is what happens in that soggy little frigid island too.

We don't see burger flippers as chefs in the UK unlike Australia it seems.

It;s mostly the menail type jobs backpackers do.
Your hospital consultant is unlikjely to be as back packer

But hordes of nurses are.

They aren't in the UK.

Wrong, as always. Hordes of ours show up there for a year or two and
hordes of yours and the Irish etc show up here too the same way.

They are not backpackers.

Plenty of doctors do too.

They are not backpackers

We even had that ****wit Blumenthal show up with
his entire ****ing staff show up here for a few weeks.

was he and his staff backpacking ?

Yep.

yeah sure, I bet the last time the queen visited AUS you thought she was a backpacker.

http://www.backpacker.com/

no advice about performing operations of cooking Michelin style dishes I wonder why.

You have you'r; chefs then your Sous chefs, then you have cooks then
kitchen staff and servers, thos eare the sort of people that are
backpackers.

Pity about Blumenthal and all his fancy 'chefs'

you do know where the word chef comes from don't you ?

Irrelevant to how it is used today.

your an idiot you can call someone making a cheese sadwich a chef.

**** all of them call
themselves cooks anymore, usual mindlessly silly wank.

It doesn;t make them chefs but they can call, themselves whatever they want..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Corse the most important person in the kitchen usually is with most
restaurants.

Chefs are head of the kitchen

Which is what I said, ****wit.

Do you really thibnk a resturant would have it's menu set and cooked
by causual backpakers that stay from a few days to a couple of weeks.

They do in fact mostly stay for the entire season, particularly in the
tourist traps.

Deosn;t make them chefs.

It does when they run the kitchen.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 21:18:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

No it's not you said they were backpackers.
Backpackers don;t stay in one place long enough in order to rise through the ranks to become a chef. A resyrant might employ a packpacker for a week to clean the floors buthy they won;t put them in charge of the kitchen.

Do you really thibnk a resturant would have it's menu set and cooked
by causual backpakers that stay from a few days to a couple of weeks..

They do in fact mostly stay for the entire season, particularly in the
tourist traps.

Deosn;t make them chefs.

It does when they run the kitchen.

A cleaner will not be setting the menu.

Wrong, as always. Hordes of ours show up there for a year or two and
hordes of yours and the Irish etc show up here too the same way.

They are not backpackers.

Wrong, as always.

right as always.
When was jamie oliver a backpacker, name a chef that is a backpacker.
I'd like you to tell gorden ramsey he's a backpacker.

Plenty of doctors do too.

They are not backpackers

Wrong, as always.

Thoswe jumping off boats from syria, iraq iran and all refugees are now backpackers is that it. ?
Would yuo say the Queen is a backpacker ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Keep this **** up and your **** will be flushed where it belongs.

Backpackers don;t stay in one place long enough
in order to rise through the ranks to become a chef.

When they were a chef in the place they came from,
they may well be employed as a chef in the place
they backpack to, ****wit. Particularly when they
are employed in tourist spots that have massively
seasonal operations and which shut down in the
off season as so many of them do.

A resyrant might employ a packpacker for a week to clean
the floors buthy they won;t put them in charge of the kitchen.

Wrong, as always. They do just that in tourist traps particularly.

Do you really thibnk a resturant would have it's menu set and cooked
by causual backpakers that stay from a few days to a couple of
weeks.

They do in fact mostly stay for the entire season, particularly in the
tourist traps.

Deosn;t make them chefs.

It does when they run the kitchen.

A cleaner will not be setting the menu.

Backpackers arent just cleaners.

Wrong, as always. Hordes of ours show up there for a year or two and
hordes of yours and the Irish etc show up here too the same way.

They are not backpackers.

Wrong, as always.

When was jamie oliver a backpacker,

Never said he was.

name a chef that is a backpacker.

**** all of them are celebritys, ****wit.

Plenty of doctors do too.

They are not backpackers

Wrong, as always.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thatr's where your **** has already gone.

Backpackers don;t stay in one place long enough
in order to rise through the ranks to become a chef.

When they were a chef in the place they came from,
they may well be employed as a chef in the place
they backpack to, ****wit.

But highly unlikely as those sort of jobs don't rely on backpackers.
Resturants just don't work like that, maaybe mcdonlads do but I doubt hester bliningtile has a closed resturant because he;s backpacker hasn't arrived yet.

Particularly when they
are employed in tourist spots that have massively
seasonal operations and which shut down in the
off season as so many of them do.

What do you think backpackers do all day cook in resturants no they are called backpacker because they walk about all over the place finding themselves or whatever they do it for.

A resyrant might employ a packpacker for a week to clean
the floors buthy they won;t put them in charge of the kitchen.

Wrong, as always. They do just that in tourist traps particularly.

No they don;t it;'s too unrelible to have the head of the kitch maybe not turn up because he;s yet to arrive in the country.
you just haven't a clue have you.

How is a backpacker going to travel around when he's spending 12 hours+ per day in a kitchen ?

Do you really thibnk a resturant would have it's menu set and cooked
by causual backpakers that stay from a few days to a couple of
weeks.

They do in fact mostly stay for the entire season, particularly in the
tourist traps.

Deosn;t make them chefs.

It does when they run the kitchen.

A cleaner will not be setting the menu.

Backpackers arent just cleaners.

No they are backpackers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

The ones in the tourist traps do.

Resturants just don't work like that,

Wrong, as always.
Particularly when they
are employed in tourist spots that have massively
seasonal operations and which shut down in the
off season as so many of them do.

What do you think backpackers do all day cook in resturants

Yep, plenty do just that.

no they are called backpacker because they walk about all
over the place finding themselves or whatever they do it for.

They are called backpackers because that is what they do
between countrys, ****wit.

None of the rest of your even sillier **** worth bothering
with, all flushed where it belongs. You were warned...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 20:00:56 UTC+1, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in
message
wrote:
[...]

the ones in tourist traps are NOT chefs, they are cooks at best.

Wrong with the restaurants.

None of the rest of your even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 20:00:56 UTC+1, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in
message
wrote:
[...]

mcdonaods isnlt a proper restrant that's where you're getting confused I know that's what they call their establishments and that's what they are in teh USA but most of teh rest of the world use the word resturant differntl;y in that you at least get cutlery and aren't expected to eat with your fingers.

None of the rest of your even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

None of your **** worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs.

You were warned.