Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default the heating spiel post

Well, well strange how I don't qualify even though I live in a single
walled terraced house which I own and get dla.

Oh well I'll stick with my storage heaters mysteriously installed for free
by a previous government scheme which I did qualify or with my super thick
loft insulation done at half price due to a government grant.

Do I detect and ever so slight amount of vested interest in that post?
:-)

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 11:11:32 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, well strange how I don't qualify even though I live in a single
walled terraced house which I own and get dla.

Oh well I'll stick with my storage heaters mysteriously installed for free
by a previous government scheme which I did qualify or with my super thick
loft insulation done at half price due to a government grant.

Do I detect and ever so slight amount of vested interest in that post?
:-)

Quite a few spelling mistakes. Probably A foreign con.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 11:11:26 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well, well strange how I don't qualify even though I live in a single
walled terraced house which I own and get dla.

Oh well I'll stick with my storage heaters mysteriously installed for
free by a previous government scheme which I did qualify or with my
super thick loft insulation done at half price due to a government
grant.

Do I detect and ever so slight amount of vested interest in that post?
:-)

I presume you're referring to a recent spam posting that everyone else
seems to have had the good sense to ignore and most likely, like me,
killfiled its author in the hope that the spamming *******s aren't
inventive enough to repeat the offence under another name.

I'm not sure what it is that impels you to respond in *any* way to these
spam postings but regardless of the reason, it's simply a waste of time
and effort on your part and in this particular, indirect response,
totally pointless.

The spammers' activities here are akin to a "leaflet drop" where the
only thing they'll be monitoring is the effect, if any, on their monthly
sales figures. Responding in any way to these postings is akin to your
shouting at your TV screen every time you catch sight of an advert trying
to drum up business for whatever product or service is being mis-sold by
the advertising scumbags who use every psychological trick in the book to
con "The Product" into doing business with their clients, that is to say,
a complete and utter waste of time and energy.

There might be some personal sense of relief at venting your feelings
against the faceless ones in the privacy of your own home but in a Usenet
thread, it only serves to annoy others already mildly annoyed to begin
with by the need to add yet another spamming scumbag to their killfile.

The only audience you have means you're in essence, "Preaching to the
choir". We might be in tune with your thoughts but we'd rather not have
to put up with yet another sermon on the subject, thank you very much. :-)

I've lost count of the number of times I've then had to follow up by
setting the "Ignore flag" on the resulting discussion threads titled with
the prefix "". To be fair, you're not the only offender in this, just
the most prevalent "Pointless discussion thread follow up starter". Even
if you could resist the urge to start or continue such threads, I'd still
find myself obliged to set the "Ignore Thread flag" (just not quite so
often is all).

All I ask is that the next time you feel motivated to respond to such
blatant spam postings, is ask yourself this critical question, "Is there
the slightest of chances that my response will ever be seen by this
spamming *******?" and only hit send if you honestly feel the answer is a
big fat "Hell, YES!", otherwise resist the urge to respond (or delete
your missive unsent) and add the author to your News client's killfile,
put it out of your mind and get on with the rest of your life.

HTH & HAND :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Johnny B Good wrote:
snip
All I ask is that the next time you feel motivated to respond to such
blatant spam postings, is ask yourself this critical question, "Is there
the slightest of chances that my response will ever be seen by this
spamming *******?" and only hit send if you honestly feel the answer is a
big fat "Hell, YES!", otherwise resist the urge to respond (or delete
your missive unsent) and add the author to your News client's killfile,
put it out of your mind and get on with the rest of your life.

HTH & HAND :-)

Well (and politely) said!

I don't know why Brian feels compelled to respond to spammers and trolls
and sincerely wish that he would just desist.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

As you didn't give any clue what you meant by "heating spiel post", and you
got replies, making me curious, I had to read all recent posts, only to find
that you must be referring to "Understanding ECO grants". Such obvious spam
that anyone in their right mind would ignore.
--
Dave W