Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Even turnip couln't have made this up...

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
The point I was making is that its pointless Speed going to all
the trouble of dreaming up yet another new nym, "hango" in this
case, when he immediately gives himself away by resorting to one of
his bog-standard clichés

When had he been careful, he could have strung people along for days
or even weeks, as he sometimes does.

I can generally tell it's him after the first couple of words. And that
he generally quotes the post he's replying to in its entirety - unless he
tries to be clever by snipping it. Which always fails.

--
*Modulation in all things *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

T i m has obviously not been to East Anglia and therefore not seen all
the pig farms there.

Another exciting day out, by the looks of things.

Got any snaps you'd like to share with the Group ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:
The point I was making is that its pointless Speed going to all
the trouble of dreaming up yet another new nym, "hango" in this
case, when he immediately gives himself away by resorting to one of
his bog-standard clichés

When had he been careful, he could have strung people along for days
or even weeks, as he sometimes does.

I can generally tell it's him after the first couple of words.

Ah but others clearly can't. Hence his entertainment value.

And in any case, unlike all these judgemental muppets, you seem to
recognise that even in his original guise, even Wodders can have
his uses.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , pamela
escribió:

Good article. They could have included the way Leadsom failed to
publish her tax return as promised in a tv interview.

Yes, indeed. I think the article, dated Monday, may have just predated
the tax stuff (I haven't been paying that much attention). Thanks.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

people like T i m rarely get further then the supermarket

As far as that?! gasp

I thought they couldn't get further than the end of their own noses.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Nothing to sort out. Britain can just trade under
the WTO rules, just like all of the USA, Canada,
Japan, China, Korea, Australia etc etc etc all do fine.

I suppose if you say this often enough, you
might even persuade yourself it was true.

Or it might well have always been true and you can't ever
bull**** that fact away, no matter how desperately you try.

But instead of talking your usual ****e, you could
ask your own politicians just why they are so
desperate to do deals with other countries.

They arent desperate at all. Clearly a free trade agreement
is useful, particularly with countrys which still have high
tariff barriers and quota against what we export, but we
arent actually stupid enough to accept anything like the
EU's 4 freedoms to get that. And neither are all but 3 of these.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:34:41 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 17:04 12 Jul 2016, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , pamela
escribió:

Good article. They could have included the way Leadsom failed to
publish her tax return as promised in a tv interview.

Yes, indeed. I think the article, dated Monday, may have just predated
the tax stuff (I haven't been paying that much attention). Thanks.

She was in over her head. The notion that she could have actually been
prime minister was pure hogwash from the beginning.

But the whole thing accomplished its purpose - a vague illusion of
democracy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , pamela
escribió:

She was in over her head. The notion that she could have actually
been prime minister was pure hogwash from the beginning.

A stalking horse for May, possibly. Though it all seems to have
happened too quickly for it to be that organised.

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Interesting times. (Old Chinese curse.)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 00:56:17 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , pamela
escribió:

She was in over her head. The notion that she could have actually
been prime minister was pure hogwash from the beginning.

A stalking horse for May, possibly. Though it all seems to have
happened too quickly for it to be that organised.

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Interesting times. (Old Chinese curse.)

You've missed the entire point.
Corbyn Dioxide will likely win by saying they must follow the will of the people and favour Lexit.

He will have the mandate to get rid of all his enemies, (Bliarites etc.)
Cunning strategy that will make the labour party unelectable!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

She was in over her head. The notion that she could have actually
been prime minister was pure hogwash from the beginning.

A stalking horse for May, possibly. Though it all seems to have
happened too quickly for it to be that organised.

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Interesting times. (Old Chinese curse.)

You've missed the entire point.

We'll see...

Corbyn Dioxide will likely win by saying they must
follow the will of the people and favour Lexit.

We'll see...

He will have the mandate to get rid of all his enemies, (Bliarites etc.)

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed fantasyland.

Labour doesnt work that way.

Cunning strategy that will make
the labour party unelectable!

Its been like that ever since the voters flushed
the where they belong in the general election
and they ended up with the fool Corbyn.

Bet they manage to flush him now and will still
be completely unelectable to govt even if they do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , pamela
escribió:

She was in over her head. The notion that she could have actually
been prime minister was pure hogwash from the beginning.

A stalking horse for May, possibly. Though it all seems to have
happened too quickly for it to be that organised.

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Interesting times. (Old Chinese curse.)

LOL, we now also have another runner, Owen Smith.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

They were unelectable since he became leader.
Someone should have told him, not that he'd have listened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo -groupie, Rod
Speed escribió:

[schnip]

I like the way Crazy Rod makes more sense than "Real" Rod.

Oh, and Harry, do **** off, there's a good chap.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo . com,
bm escribió:

LOL, we now also have another runner, Owen Smith.

Who will just split the vote three ways and make it even more of a
colossal ****-up, since none of them will be able to claim a firm
mandate.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Clearly a free trade agreement is useful,

Then WTF do you keep on and on about the WTO one?

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.
Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

--
*IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.
Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

Someone should tell the Labour party.
Go for it Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com, bm
writes

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.
Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

Someone should tell the Labour party.
Go for it Dave.

What's Nick Clegg doing these days?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2016 15:29, bert wrote:
In article . com, bm
writes

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.
Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20160713110708

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GMM wrote:
On 13/07/2016 15:29, bert wrote:
In article . com, bm
writes

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , Mike Tomlinson
wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more
interesting. If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader
(unlikely I think) we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female
party leaders, one a lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box
mit handbags at the ready. Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry,
PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is
possible. Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general
election.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20160713110708

Now we have May and likely Hammond in the cabinet, who will be Clarkson?

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 16:45:04 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
GMM wrote:
On 13/07/2016 15:29, bert wrote:
In article . com, bm
writes

wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more
interesting. If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader
(unlikely I think) we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female
party leaders, one a lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box
mit handbags at the ready. Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry,
PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is
possible. Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general
election.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20160713110708

Now we have May and likely Hammond in the cabinet, who will be Clarkson?

Chris Evans is looking for a job isn't he ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GMM" wrote in message
On 13/07/2016 15:29, bert wrote:
In article . com, bm
writes

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I
think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.
Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20160713110708

LOL, it's true though. Daves mates are in a pickle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Clearly a free trade agreement is useful,

Then WTF do you keep on and on about the WTO one?

Because while a free trade agreement is useful, it clearly
isn't necessary for any of the USA, Japan, China, India,
Canada, Australia etc etc etc when trading with the EU
and so it makes absolutely no sense at all to actually
be stupid enough to allow the EU to insist that none
of the 4 freedoms are negotiable if Britain wants a
free trade agreement with the EU when a majority
of the voters have made it clear that some of those
are the reason they want Britain to leave the EU.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.

Who should lead Labour isnt about who has the most charisma, stupid.

Neither have the slightest chance of winning a general election.

Neither has anyone else in Labour. That's how they ended up with Corbyn.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 20:37:57 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote

Watching Labour self-destruct spectacularly has been more interesting.
If Eagle succeeds in her bid to become Labour leader (unlikely I think)
we'll be rewarded with the sight of two female party leaders, one a
lesbian, facing off across the dispatch box mit handbags at the ready.
Should make for some lively PMTs, sorry, PMQs.

Eagle if anything has less charisma than Corbyn. If that is possible.

Who should lead Labour isnt about who has the most charisma, stupid.

If it were we might have Teresa May. No, not a spelling mistake.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 06:41:46 +0100, Big Les Wade
wrote:

T i m posted

As an aside I saw a bit about Denmark and Danish bacon earlier today.
Apparently, after some troubles (involving Germany or Us or summat)
they turned some poor sandy ground into pig farms and we stopped
bothering growing pigs ourselves and bought theirs instead.

I wonder how all the 'Leave because of all the immigrants' builders
will wake up when the price of their bacon sarnies go up?

Why would the price of bacon sarnies go up?

Ok. Denmark are in the EU and so are we at the moment. If / when we
leave the EU we will have to arrange a trade deal with Denmark that
may not be as good a deal as we have now, hence the cost of things we
buy from them may go up.

"As of 2008, only four other EU nations were doing worse than the
UK in terms of pig meat self-sufficiency – Bulgaria, Greece, Latvia
and Lithuania. Exhibit 6 shows that the UK’s main source of imports
of bacon and ham are from Denmark and the Netherlands."

http://www.cresc.ac.uk/sites/default...he%20bacon.pdf

snip other confusion

Now, as Denmark didn't want to join the EU unless we were allowed to,
they might leave after we do and then sell us bacon even cheaper. Not
sure how many builders might be happy waiting all the years that might
take though.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:27:58 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Big Les Wade
wrote:

T i m posted

As an aside I saw a bit about Denmark and Danish bacon earlier today.
Apparently, after some troubles (involving Germany or Us or summat)
they turned some poor sandy ground into pig farms and we stopped
bothering growing pigs ourselves and bought theirs instead.

I wonder how all the 'Leave because of all the immigrants' builders
will wake up when the price of their bacon sarnies go up?

Why would the price of bacon sarnies go up? Because of the exchange
rate? The pound buys more Danish bacon today than it did in July 2013,
and I don't recall any builders rioting then. You're just looking for
myths designed to support your preconceived beliefs.

T i m has obviously not been to East Anglia and therefore not seen all
the pig farms there.

Tim obviously has no idea we import more bacon from Europe than we
produce ourselves.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:48:14 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
. ..

T i m has obviously not been to East Anglia and therefore not seen all
the pig farms there.

Another exciting day out, by the looks of things.

I think he went there on a coach with his local U3A group. ;-)

Got any snaps you'd like to share with the Group ?

Aww, look at the nice piggies ... (where is the toilet)?

FWIW I'm now quite happy with 'Facon' (Quorn 'bacon') and especially a
'Facon and egg' toasted wholemeal sarnie with brown sauce.

It's not bacon, different texture and taste but it's perfectly ok as
an alternative.

Same with the likes of Sainsbury's 'Basics' baked beans. They don't
taste quite the same as say Heinz baked beans but they are still baked
beans (and I believe contain less salt and sugar). They are also much
cheaper.

I'm not a veggie, (daughter is) it's just we don't eat a lot of meat,
especially the processed kind (like smoked bacon (smoking anything
makes it more carcenegous)) and sausages etc.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote
Big Les Wade wrote
T i m wrote

As an aside I saw a bit about Denmark and Danish bacon earlier today.
Apparently, after some troubles (involving Germany or Us or summat)
they turned some poor sandy ground into pig farms and we stopped
bothering growing pigs ourselves and bought theirs instead.

I wonder how all the 'Leave because of all the immigrants' builders
will wake up when the price of their bacon sarnies go up?

Why would the price of bacon sarnies go up?

Ok. Denmark are in the EU and so are we at the moment.

Yes.

If / when we leave the EU we will have to arrange a trade deal
with Denmark that may not be as good a deal as we have now,

Nope, Britain is free to trade with EU countries under
the WTO rules, just like all of the USA, China, India,
Japan, Canada, Australia etc etc etc all do now.

hence the cost of things we buy from them may go up.

Not because of Britain leaving the EU. Britain is free
to impose no tariff barrier or duty or quotas to food
imported from outside Britain if it chooses to. Nothing
whatever to do with any agreement with the EU.

"As of 2008, only four other EU nations were doing worse than
the UK in terms of pig meat self-sufficiency - Bulgaria, Greece,
Latvia and Lithuania. Exhibit 6 shows that the UK's main source of
imports of bacon and ham are from Denmark and the Netherlands."

http://www.cresc.ac.uk/sites/default...he%20bacon.pdf

Irrelevant to what price Britain would have to pay for those when outside
the EU.

And it would be free to get the bacon and ham from other producers of those
outside the EU like Canada, and wouldn't have to pay any duty or tariff on
what it imports from other than EU countrys with Britain outside the EU.

Now, as Denmark didn't want to join the EU unless
we were allowed to, they might leave after we do

Or they might not too.

and then sell us bacon even cheaper.

Can't be cheaper than with no tariff/duty applying as it doesn't now.

Not sure how many builders might be happy
waiting all the years that might take though.

Doesn't need any years at all with no agreement with the EU necessary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
wrote:

T i m posted

As an aside I saw a bit about Denmark and Danish bacon earlier today.
Apparently, after some troubles (involving Germany or Us or summat)
they turned some poor sandy ground into pig farms and we stopped
bothering growing pigs ourselves and bought theirs instead.

I wonder how all the 'Leave because of all the immigrants' builders
will wake up when the price of their bacon sarnies go up?

Why would the price of bacon sarnies go up?

Ok. Denmark are in the EU and so are we at the moment. If / when we
leave the EU we will have to arrange a trade deal with Denmark that
may not be as good a deal as we have now, hence the cost of things we
buy from them may go up.

Nonsense. We decide what tariffs if any we impose on imports.
Snip
Cheers, T i m

--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GMM
escribió:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...la-eagle-less-
electable-than-eddie-the-eagle-finds-survey-20160713110708

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti.../jul/13/steve-
bells-if-angie-the-eagle-swoops-on-jezbi-wan-corbyn

--
(\_/)

Conundrum for TurNiP harry UK diy 65 July 8th 16 10:01 PM
OT Hinkley point. Bad News for TurNiP. harry UK diy 15 May 9th 16 12:32 AM
ot SS Turnip torpedoed LOL UK diy 10 March 2nd 16 08:11 AM