Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reactivate an old Orange account.

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money
in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the
phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone
as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I am.

How do I go about it?

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has
money in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have
the phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new
phone as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work
where I am.

How do I go about it?

IME with EE, which is now Orange, the number is discontinued and
you're unlikely to get it back. Unless you had the right sort of account
with Orange, you've lost the money also. Just buy a 1 2 3 sim from EE
and go on from there. A dual sim phone is useful under these circumstances.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:37:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money
in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the
phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone
as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I am.

How do I go about it?

uk.telecom.mobile is this way

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money in
it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the phone to
which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone
as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I
am.

How do I go about it?

You forget about it.

There is more chance of a 16 year old blonde virgin with nice pert 36C tits
begging you to shag her than there is of you getting back your old phone
number from Orange.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money in
it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the phone to
which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone
as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I
am.

How do I go about it?

You forget about it.

There is more chance of a 16 year old blonde virgin with nice pert 36C tits
begging you to shag her than there is of you getting back your old phone
number from Orange.

This really is one of those times when you'd be a lot better off phoning EE
than wasting time on Usenet.

I agree with the above but it's just remotely possible that given the
number, the account could be reactivated. Then you just need to ask for a
new sim.

It is a *very* slim chance though.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/5/2016 2:41 PM, Tim+ wrote:

I agree with the above but it's just remotely possible that given the
number, the account could be reactivated. Then you just need to ask for a
new sim.

_Very_ remote possibility.

What's more likely, is that the remaining credit can be transferred to a
new SIM (with a new number).
I was able to recover the remaining credit on a SIM which had been used
by my daughter, a year or two after it was last used. The number
couldn't be recovered, but they transferred the credit for me, to a
different number.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 18:41:23 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has
money in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have
the phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new
phone as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work
where I am.

There is more chance of a 16 year old blonde virgin with nice pert 36C
tits begging you to shag her than there is of you getting back your old
phone number from Orange.

I agree with the above but it's just remotely possible that given the
number, the account could be reactivated. Then you just need to ask for
a new sim.

Always assuming the number hasn't been reallocated yet, of course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:37:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money
in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the
phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

Even if Orange/EE have/had a record of your name and address against
that number you'll probably still have a battle on your hands. If
they should have a name and address linked to the number give them a
call and see what they'd want as proof of ID and if it's possible to
get the number made active on a new EE PAYG SIM.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone
as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I
am.

Is the phone unlocked? If not you'll need to get it unlocked from its
current network so you can put in an EE SIM and have it work.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-05 11:53, Capitol wrote:

IME with EE, which is now Orange, the number is discontinued and
you're unlikely to get it back. Unless you had the right sort of account
with Orange, you've lost the money also. Just buy a 1 2 3 sim from EE
and go on from there.

It can be possible to roll an Orange PAYG number forward to an EE PAYG
account. I did this for a relative with a useful amount of credit on
the Orange number (both the number and the credit were transferred to
the EE account). However the Orange number hadn't been discontinued for
lack of use.

As others have suggested, ask EE, though I found asking in an EE shop
more useful than listening to their on-hold music.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 19:19:54 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

Always assuming the number hasn't been reallocated yet, of course.

Call it?

The "inactivity" timeouts vary by provider not only what happens at
each timeout and the periods involved and the orginal contract but
also how rigidly they are enforced...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/07/16 20:53, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

It was bought simless so guess its unlocked

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell

TRANSFER 300$ To Your EFT Account By Just ONE CLICK From OTHER Account hollywood Metalworking 0 October 23rd 10 07:52 PM
hacked ur account hacked ur account UK diy 2 February 8th 10 12:34 AM
New Account [email protected] UK diy 40 November 18th 06 06:57 PM
New Account [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 12th 06 02:53 AM