Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Borris on R4

Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

But urged to accept his predictions for the future if we leave as being
correct.

I'm going to apply that reasoning too. I know of a doctor who diagnosed an
illness incorrectly. So in future I'll get Boris to do that diagnosis. But
obviously more than once since he'll change his mind.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

But urged to accept his predictions for the future if we leave as being
correct.

I'm going to apply that reasoning too. I know of a doctor who diagnosed an
illness incorrectly. So in future I'll get Boris to do that diagnosis. But
obviously more than once since he'll change his mind.

The more complex the problem, the more difficult it is to
'diagnose' the cause (or effect). So it is with medicine.

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means that
it could be bad for the EU as well as for the UK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:23:37 +0100
GB wrote:

On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means
that it could be bad for the EU as well as for the UK.

In which case, the EU should have listened to the UK peoples'
complaints, and done something to assuage them. If the EU suffers
after Leave, I don't care, the EU had its chance.

As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and learned how
to balance their books.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,

Figures I've seen is the UK takes about 16% of the EU''s exports. You must
have very small lions.

and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers)

So you'd have thought those countries in the EU who pay more than we do
would would already have left?

more
than the UK needs the EU.

But not if that's how you've reasoned it out.

--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Davey wrote:
As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and learned how
to balance their books.

If you think balanced books are important, you might consider that the UK
itself is a very long way of from that.

And will get much worse if we leave the EU - at least in the short term,
if all the signs are to be believed.

--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means
that it could be bad for the EU as well as for the UK.

In which case, the EU should have listened to the UK peoples'
complaints, and done something to assuage them. If the EU suffers
after Leave, I don't care, the EU had its chance.

As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and learned how
to balance their books.

They balance the boks by getting other countries in.

Strange that they let us off of so much and gave us a 'rebate'
when they could have told us to just **** off we're a little england.

They must want us in for some reason.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 16:23:41 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,

Figures I've seen is the UK takes about 16% of the EU''s exports. You must
have very small lions.

when I buy a Mac if it come through the the EU via the Czech Republic is it an EU import ?
Remembring they are made in china mostly.

What tarrifs are put on them I wonder.

and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers)

So you'd have thought those countries in the EU who pay more than we do
would would already have left?

Liek supermarket loss leaders you mean. Maybe they just want control.
What the UK puts in does even cover the EU admin costs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message ...
On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means that it could be bad
for the EU as well as for the UK.

Just as "The Battle of Britain was the last time the UK
was able to change the course of World History all by
herself, so Brexit will be the last time the UK will
be able to trigger a World Slump, all by herself as well.

It's "Their Finest Hour" all over again !

It's maybe no wonder the nutters are so in favour.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

But urged to accept his predictions for the future if we leave as being
correct.

I'm going to apply that reasoning too. I know of a doctor who diagnosed an
illness incorrectly. So in future I'll get Boris to do that diagnosis. But
obviously more than once since he'll change his mind.

Your prejudices are showing again!

I would remind you that experts designed the Millenium bridge
and we know how successful that was. I've also lived in an architect
designed house, it was crap. On one of my building trade jobs the
architect told us to remove an oak pillar. Fortunately we didn't trust
the architect without checking. It was the king post on a 60 ft span roof.

Economic experts have an even worse success rate than architects,
Cable( the economist) told me in the early 2K that Brown was doing a
great job, we know how good that forecast was. History and experience
are a better guide than economic models. I see that Osborne guided by
the same experts has never met a forecast in the last 6 years and has
now got the April and May figures wrong in the wrong direction. If you
can't meet a forecast a couple of months ahead, you are incompetent.

Closer to home, the education system is really fouled up,
that's the result of experts who generally do not know which way up a
child goes!

I've written more business plans than I care to recall, they
were all crap after 3 to 6 months. As were everybody elses, but the
company thrived because we reorganised our activities on an almost daily
basis and knew what the customers needed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:23:38 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

I wouldn't expect someone of your level to know this, Plowperson, but the
vast majority of these so-called "experts" are for sale. Their opinions
can be routinely bought if the price is right and the megabank$ and
multinational$ can easily afford it. Anyone still gullible enough to
believe everything is above board can inform themselves about the level
of probity (or lack thereof) in the City of London via a read of this
book (just one of many in fact) which exposes these scumbags for the
utterly amoral, greedy, grasping parasites they really a

https://www.amazon.com/Cityboy-Beer-...Mile-ebook/dp/
B003ODIX2W/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466616845&sr=1-3&keywords=city
+boy

And it's a very enjoyable and entertaining read, too!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:37:42 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

They balance the boks by getting other countries in.

Yes, it's a Ponzi scheme.

Strange that they let us off of so much and gave us a 'rebate'
when they could have told us to just **** off we're a little england.

They must want us in for some reason.

Germany must be ****ting themselves at the prospect of having to make up
the 350m/week shortfall in income our departure would cause.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/16 15:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
But they are all the same in this respect. its the self hypnosis that they
seem blissfully unaware of that we out here notice all the time
How come there is no church of the wholly undecided?
Brian

Pore ole Dave. Has to always have someone do his thinking for him and
provide him with a vacuum packed ready opinion

Someone tell him it was economists who told Maggie Thatcher what to do...

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means
that it could be bad for the EU as well as for the UK.

In which case, the EU should have listened to the UK peoples'
complaints, and done something to assuage them. If the EU suffers
after Leave, I don't care, the EU had its chance.

Hear ****ing hear!

Those ****s have sat there on taxpayer expenses on their fat arses doing
the square root of sweet fanny adams to avert the financial crisis, the
Euro crisis, the migration crises, and have shown themselves to be even
more incompetent than a British Labour government.

I can hear Geoffrey Boycott now'
"My mam could 'a done better with a stick of wet rhubarb".

As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and learned how
to balance their books.

What they should have done, if they were going to appoint people was to
appoint people on merit, not as a political favour.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/16 18:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
[...]

+1.
I couldn't believe when we met our new accountants, Arthur Andersen, the
amount of nudge nudge, wink wink this is how you can run a scam to
defraud the stock market was going down.

--
€œit should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 16:45, michael adams wrote:

Just as "The Battle of Britain was the last time the UK
was able to change the course of World History all by
herself, so Brexit will be the last time the UK will
be able to trigger a World Slump, all by herself as well.

It's "Their Finest Hour" all over again !

It's maybe no wonder the nutters are so in favour.

michael adams

think there were a few other nationalities involved in B of B.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 15:11:48 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

Which of the "experts" predicted the bank crash in 08?
That's the one to listen to.
Oh er....None of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 15:11:48 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

Which of the "experts" predicted the bank crash in 08?
That's the one to listen to.
Oh er....None of them.

I'm not an expert, I did!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"critcher" wrote in message
On 22/06/2016 16:45, michael adams wrote:

Just as "The Battle of Britain was the last time the UK
was able to change the course of World History all by
herself, so Brexit will be the last time the UK will
be able to trigger a World Slump, all by herself as well.

It's "Their Finest Hour" all over again !

It's maybe no wonder the nutters are so in favour.

michael adams

think there were a few other nationalities involved in B of B.

Indeed. There were Polish pilots for a start. But as the Poles
had already capitulated despite their early bluster, the fact that
Britain was happy enough to provide them with some planes,
so as to allow them to try and restore some vestige of dignity,
hardly qualifies The Battle of Britain as being *their" finest hour.
Being partly responsible for the whole thing in the first place it
might almost be said it was the least they could do so as to
try and erase the memory, of the latest in a long line of
"most ignominious hours"

As to the others, Canadians New Zealanders, Jamaicans, Irish, etc.
they'd never come anywhere near changing the course of World history.
Either before or since.

Whereas the UK had.

Hence the resonance of Churchill's phraseology

If “the British Empire were to last a 1,000 years, people will say this was their finest
hour.”.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Davey wrote:
As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and learned how
to balance their books.

If you think balanced books are important, you might consider that the UK
itself is a very long way of from that.

And will get much worse if we leave the EU - at least in the short term,
if all the signs are to be believed.

You really should read the short comment he
http://www.rand.org/blog/2016/03/the-true-economic-cost-of-corruption-in-europe.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=rand_social

The bottom line: "Our analysis resulted in a new estimate of up to ‚¬990
billion in GDP terms being lost annually, demonstrating the significant
economic impact of corruption on the EU and its member states. That's
more than eight times existing estimates."

Note that this isn't from a study commissioned by Eurosceptics or
Brexiteers, but by the European Parliament.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
Just been listening to him.

Basically, we should ignore the vast majority of economic 'experts' who
say we should remain. Because some of them have been wrong in the past.
Not predicting the last crash. And so on.

But urged to accept his predictions for the future if we leave as being
correct.

I'm going to apply that reasoning too. I know of a doctor who diagnosed
an
illness incorrectly. So in future I'll get Boris to do that diagnosis.
But
obviously more than once since he'll change his mind.

The more complex the problem, the more difficult it is to
'diagnose' the cause (or effect). So it is with medicine.

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,

Another lie.

and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers)

Not disproportionately more than anyone else.

more than the UK needs the EU.

Yes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

On 22/06/2016 15:11, Andrew wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,
and pump huge amounts of cash into the EU coffers) more
than the UK needs the EU.

That doesn't mean that leaving would be good for the UK. It means
that it could be bad for the EU as well as for the UK.

In which case, the EU should have listened to the UK peoples'
complaints, and done something to assuage them. If the EU suffers
after Leave, I don't care, the EU had its chance.

As a very small starting point, they should have got rid of the
ridiculous Brussels/Strasbourg/Brussels merry-go-round, and
learned how to balance their books.

They balance the boks by getting other countries in.

Nope, all the most recent additions are a net cost to the EU.

Strange that they let us off of so much and gave us a 'rebate' when
they could have told us to just **** off we're a little england.

They must want us in for some reason.

Yeah, the billions Britain pumps into the EU every year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:18:56 +0100
Jeff Layman wrote:

In article ,
Davey wrote:
[...]

And yet any British company trying to 'oil the wheels', in a way
perfectly acceptable to the target country, is tarnished with a
'Corrupt' brush, and denied the contract.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:43:41 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

The EU needs the UK (we take the lions share of EU exports,

Figures I've seen is the UK takes about 16% of the EU''s exports. You
must have very small lions.

when I buy a Mac if it come through the the EU via the Czech Republic is
it an EU import ?

If it's imported - and duty paid - to CZ from CN, then it's a non-EU
import to CZ.
If it's then imported - and no duty paid - to GB from CZ, then it's an EU
import to GB.

What tarrifs are put on them I wonder.

10% on import to CZ, plus CZ VAT.
Then CZ VAT is charged on the sale to GB.
Then, if it's resold in GB, GB VAT is charged on the sale to the end user.