Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Carronite Baths - opinions?

replying to David Fisher, Perplo wrote:
This is for anyone interested in IdealCast. I like them, but it's been a
hassle. I bought one last year. During the fitting (I wasn't home) the plumber
somehow knocked it over & it literally smashed in half. Not too surprising as
I've a concrete floor. The plumber bought a replacement, and at the time the
tiling was getting done, the tiler noticed a long hairline crack in the new
bath. I'd had this bath sitting around a while, so couldn't say where this
happened, so bought a third bath out of my own pocket. I knew I was taking a
risk - to have 3 baths go wrong on you would be a nightmare, but the fact I
persisted shows that I really liked this bath. When the 3rd one arrived, I
checked it over carefully, then did the installation myself. This bath has
been fine, and I'm very happy with it. It's very heavy, and you don't feel it
moving at all. I dropped a couple of tiles on it whilst doing some retiling,
and caused some scratches to the edge, but think maybe I can sand these out -
I've got bits of one of the old bath to practice on. So... a quality bath,
just BE CAREFUL with it!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...ons-54791-.htm

baths Andrew Gabriel UK diy 4 April 26th 07 07:42 PM
baths John Stumbles UK diy 0 April 25th 07 04:39 PM
baths VisionSet UK diy 2 April 25th 07 12:42 PM
baths RoundSquare UK diy 0 April 25th 07 08:48 AM
spa baths anonymous Home Repair 0 June 2nd 05 11:24 AM