Emily Glorney

Default RESEARCH AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SURREY - WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily
BillR

Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Ian

"BillR" wrote in message
Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Link works fine , Sort of proves natural selection that you cant work it

Bob Minchin

BillR wrote:

Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Link works for me and it ain't spam as far as I can see.

Frisket

"BillR" wrote in message
Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Worked fine for me... and I don't regard research as spam - you don't have
to help if you don't want.
Richard

BigWallop

"Emily Glorney" wrote in message
om...
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

I feel a bit of conflict raising its ugly head in this thread. :-))

Stan

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
It's also (probably) some clueless Stoodent on the MSc psychology

course
at UniS. I had to shout very hard at my wofe when she was taking

her MSc
there to stop her trying the same daft trick.

It doesn't matter what the content of spam is, or the intent of the
spam. Spam is spam and this one was multiposted to hell and back.

Seems to me that you could use some education as your spelling is so
appalling. What is a wofe anyway?

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Stan wrote:
What is a wofe anyway?

A wife who is a bit of a dog?

--
*Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Gas Menace

"Frisket" wrote in message ...
"BillR" wrote in message
Emily Glorney wrote:
[...]

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as many
folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully swamp
genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least, that's what
I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it again.

Gas
Mr E

Gas Menace wrote:

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as many
folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully swamp
genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least, that's what
I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it again.

Gas

Don't worry. Any halfway decent psychology questionnaire includes self
testing questions to eliminate rubbish responses. You might as well save
yourself the time and trouble.

Take care,

John.

Wanderer

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:27:10 -0000, Mr E wrote:

Gas Menace wrote:

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as many
folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully swamp
genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least, that's what
I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it again.

Gas

Don't worry. Any halfway decent psychology questionnaire includes self
testing questions to eliminate rubbish responses. You might as well save
yourself the time and trouble.

You seem to be implying that Gas is not sufficiently astute or
intelligent to realise that.....

Mr E

Gas Menace wrote:

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as
many folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully
swamp genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least,
that's what I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it
again.

Gas

Don't worry. Any halfway decent psychology questionnaire includes
self testing questions to eliminate rubbish responses. You might as
well save yourself the time and trouble.

You seem to be implying that Gas is not sufficiently astute or
intelligent to realise that.....

No I don't choose to imply anything about Gas. I was hoping to provide some
useful information.
I did answer the questionnaire in spite of the fact that I dislike spam. I
didn't consider this to be spam. I am a teacher, and I believe that one
should support students when they make legitimate requests for information
to help their studies. Maybe this was not legitimate, and I can quite
understand why people who are not teachers might be annoyed or offended at
such a request. However, I'm not sure how students should go about getting a
reasonable response to such questionnaires. My own nephew recently asked his
family/friends to complete a similar questionnaire, and found it very
difficult to obtain a statistically valid sample.

I do believe that we should support research efforts of this kind, because
ultimately there is the possibility that we may all benefit from the outcome
(even if the outcome is only one more qualified psychologist).

Take care,

John.

BillR

Ian wrote:
"BillR" wrote in message
Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

I am conducting research into conflict behaviour and I am interested
in how people think about themselves and behave with other people in
different situations. We expect that the findings of this study will
contribute to helping people who find themselves in serious conflict
situations on a regular basis.

If you are able to help out, this study requires you to complete a
series of short questionnaires, which will take about 10 minutes.
The questionnaires, along with further information, can be found at
the following:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/psychology/emily

I hope that you will feel able to participate in this study.

Many thanks for your time.

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Link works fine , Sort of proves natural selection that you cant work it

Well it didn't work when I tried it shortly after the OP first posted.
Connected to the Uni ok but the "got page not available" message...
Gormless student probably hadn't set up the page before spamming about it.

Whats "can't work it" mean anyway. Is this English as we know it?
Poster provides a link, you click on it, it works or it doesn't work..

What the heck has this got to with natural selection?

BillR

Gas Menace wrote:
"Frisket" wrote in message
"BillR" wrote in message
Emily Glorney wrote:
Dear all,

[SNIP]
..

Emily

Link no good! death to all spammers..

Worked fine for me... and I don't regard research as spam - you
don't have
to help if you don't want.
Richard

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as many
folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully swamp
genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least, that's what
I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it again.

Gas

Thats exactly what I was going to do!
Complained to Webmaster at the Uni instead...

BillR

Gas Menace wrote:

The accepted response to these spammer "questionnaires" is for as
many folk as possible to fill them up with crap data and hopefully
swamp genuine replies and render any results rubbish. At least,
that's what I always do. Might stop the idle buggers trying it
again.

Gas

Don't worry. Any halfway decent psychology questionnaire includes
self testing questions to eliminate rubbish responses. You might as
well save yourself the time and trouble.

They are easy to spot with a bit of practice..
[...]

Anybody who posts such OT subjects to newsgroups like this deserves all the
hassle they get.
It appears the OP used a real email address on Usenet which means he/she
will be getting loads of spam in the future... but just in case I've signed
it up for a few interesting services..

Mr E

BillR wrote:

Anybody who posts such OT subjects to newsgroups like this deserves
all the hassle they get.
It appears the OP used a real email address on Usenet which means
he/she will be getting loads of spam in the future... but just in
case I've signed it up for a few interesting services..

Both of our replies are just as OT as the original post.

John.