Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit - what would happen to the migrants?

In article , Big Les Wade
writes
"Dave Plowman (News)" posted
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
So what we need is lots more old folk. Everyone can them be employed
looking after them. Problem solved in one stroke.

Thas an intresting way of working it out yes. My mum is in a nursing
home and it cost £900 a week, she gets a room with a toilet and nursing
staff. From Romania, portagal, mauritius, italy and Poland, and many
other places, I've yet to ask all the nursing staff.

My mother, who died in the last century, ended up aged 90 in a geriatric
hospital due to severe dementia. Very well looked after by caring staff,
and free. These days, they expect severely ill old folk to pay for their
own care. And in theory, in a more prosperous country. But the NHS is safe
in their hands...

Another Plowman fantasy. Elderly people (who have some money) have been
charged for their residential care long before the Conservatives got
in. And that applies to both personal and NHS care, although there have
been endless disputes about the latter (under the Labour government as
well as Coalition or Conservative). See Coghlan.

We now have as situation where those who are self funding are charged at
a higher rate in order to subsidise those whose care is being paid for
by the local council.
--
bert