Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of laying a private tarmac drive (graded hardcore and tarmac)per Sq Mtr?

Does anyone have a rough figure to calculate the cost of laying a new tarmac drive, per sq mtr? The substrate is firm, stoney clay. It won't have heavy use; just a car driving over it two or four times a day. The shallow topsoil will need scraping off, and then 4" of graded limestone hardcore, then compacted, followed by tarmac. And the whole thing will be about 35 mtrs long, in case that's a factor.

Many thanks,
JD
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2016 11:09, wrote:
Does anyone have a rough figure to calculate the cost of laying a new
tarmac drive, per sq mtr? The substrate is firm, stoney clay. It
won't have heavy use; just a car driving over it two or four times a
day. The shallow topsoil will need scraping off, and then 4" of
graded limestone hardcore, then compacted, followed by tarmac. And
the whole thing will be about 35 mtrs long, in case that's a factor.

There are some guidelines on cost he

http://www.pavingexpert.com/tarmac01.htm

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a related question. We have a red tarmac drive where during building work they had to cut some channels out to lay pipes. These channels have been filled with concrete. Drive is around 300m2

Would we have to pay for the current tarmac/ concrete to be removed and then looking at circa £60 / m2 to lay the tarmac or can they patch/ cover the existing?

thanks

Lee.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 1:40:50 PM UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
wrote:
Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a related question. We have
a red tarmac drive where during building work they had to cut some
channels out to lay pipes. These channels have been filled with
concrete. Drive is around 300m2

Would we have to pay for the current tarmac/ concrete to be removed
and then looking at circa £60 / m2 to lay the tarmac or can they
patch/ cover the existing?

You could find someone to patch it over with red tarmac, but I can garuantee
it won't only be £60 per m2, ring a few asphalt / tarmac contractors from
the yellow pages, someone will offer red tarmac

Thanks Phil. When they patch it would the result be the same as you see the water companies et al patching the road? i.e. obvious where the new patch is with a tar seal around it?