Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snail attack

Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owmxdhkeu...2039.jpeg?dl=1

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are they
attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How can we
prevent a repeat attack?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A few years ago, I had issus of some insects eating the corners of my inner
sleaves of my vinyl collection.

I was told it was probably wasps doing it and nest would be nearby.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owmxdhkeu...2039.jpeg?dl=1

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are they
attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How can we
prevent a repeat attack?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 May 2016 07:24:53 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owmxdhkeu...2039.jpeg?dl=1

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are they
attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How can we
prevent a repeat attack?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Astonishing.
The best thing is to keep them out.
Or poison pellets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper.

Apparently they like the taste of the paste. It might abate as the
smell wears off; it's what yo do about it until then. Strategically
placed bowls of that blue poison?

apparently it's going to be a snail'n'slug fest this spring because of
the mild winter.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Tim+
escribió:

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper.

Apparently they like the taste of the paste. It might abate as the
smell wears off; it's what yo do about it until then. Strategically
placed bowls of that blue poison?

That sounds plausible. The snail had clearly crawled a long way to get to
one particular spot.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

That sounds plausible. The snail had clearly crawled a long way to get to
one particular spot.

Had an idea - if you're not keen on the poison, you could try a bottle
trap with wallpaper paste in it, near to where they get in (follow the
trail back?)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 May 2016 23:38:34 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Astonishing.
The best thing is to keep them out.
Or poison pellets.

A kill file is easier.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2016 07:21, Tim+ wrote:
Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owmxdhkeu...2039.jpeg?dl=1

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are they
attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How can we
prevent a repeat attack?

Snails only tend to come indoors as passengers on indoor pot plants or
on the bottom of packages that have been left outside overnight and they
have sought shelter from the sun etc. Once inside there is probably
nothing to eat and will climb to the top of a room and eat paper products.

Over the past few decades I've had a a couple of rouge snails indoors
eating wallpaper or ceiling tiles

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/16 08:59, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper.

Apparently they like the taste of the paste. It might abate as the
smell wears off; it's what yo do about it until then. Strategically
placed bowls of that blue poison?

apparently it's going to be a snail'n'slug fest this spring because of
the mild winter.

Oh good. Gets plate ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0qjbOeJkF8

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message ...

On 05/05/2016 07:21, Tim+ wrote:
Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owmxdhkeu...2039.jpeg?dl=1

Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are
they
attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How can we
prevent a repeat attack?

Snails only tend to come indoors as passengers on indoor pot plants or on
the bottom of packages that have been left outside overnight and they have
sought shelter from the sun etc. Once inside there is probably nothing to
eat and will climb to the top of a room and eat paper products.

Over the past few decades I've had a a couple of rouge snails indoors
eating wallpaper or ceiling tiles

The OP may be interested in yours as they'll blend in with the wallpaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Adrian Caspersz
escribió:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0qjbOeJkF8