Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT More doubts over Hinkley point Nuke.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6997131.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe that Spammer just before this thread might be interested in doing the
job, they do say they make explosion proof control panels....:-)

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"harry" wrote in message
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6997131.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2016 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Maybe that Spammer just before this thread might be interested in doing the
job, they do say they make explosion proof control panels....:-)

Brian

Yes, they can't even get the description right. Explosion proof is an
American designation and is not acceptable in the EU. Our, generally
more rigorous system, uses Flameproof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:43:19 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 23/04/2016 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Maybe that Spammer just before this thread might be interested in doing the
job, they do say they make explosion proof control panels....:-)

Brian

Yes, they can't even get the description right. Explosion proof is an
American designation and is not acceptable in the EU. Our, generally
more rigorous system, uses Flameproof.

Strange. That spam shows up on my Android phone, but not at all on
this computer using an old version of Agent. Both devices use the same
E-S account and there is nothing in the killfile.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2016 12:43, Graham. wrote:

Strange. That spam shows up on my Android phone, but not at all on
this computer using an old version of Agent. Both devices use the same
E-S account and there is nothing in the killfile.

I don't have the newsgroups on my phone because I would waste time
reading them when I should be enjoying the fresh air and talking to my
mates. For me newsgroups are a solitary night-time activity.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, does this mean that it is only proof against flameless explosions
then?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 23/04/2016 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Maybe that Spammer just before this thread might be interested in doing
the
job, they do say they make explosion proof control panels....:-)

Brian

Yes, they can't even get the description right. Explosion proof is an
American designation and is not acceptable in the EU. Our, generally more
rigorous system, uses Flameproof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian-Gaff
writes
Well, does this mean that it is only proof against flameless explosions
then?

Long time ago now, Brian.

The few weeks I spent as an apprentice transiting through the
*flameproof* control gear dept. left me believing the equipment was
intended to operate safely in an *explosive* environment.

Coal mines or refineries where explosive gas mixes were likely. The
principle was to prevent an explosion caused by switchgear filled with
gas igniting the surroundings. Achieved by using a thick cast metal
housing with a narrow gap to absorb the energy from an internal flame.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2016 19:31, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Brian-Gaff
writes
Well, does this mean that it is only proof against flameless explosions
then?

Long time ago now, Brian.

The few weeks I spent as an apprentice transiting through the
*flameproof* control gear dept. left me believing the equipment was
intended to operate safely in an *explosive* environment.

Coal mines or refineries where explosive gas mixes were likely. The
principle was to prevent an explosion caused by switchgear filled with
gas igniting the surroundings. Achieved by using a thick cast metal
housing with a narrow gap to absorb the energy from an internal flame.

That's it, EEx d. The flame path (the gap between the box and lid for
instance) is long enough and narrow enough that although an explosive
atmosphere may leak in and be ignited by electrical equipment in the box
the resultant release through the gap is slowed and will have cooled
enough that it cannot ignite the atmosphere outside the box.

Enclosures can be certified for explosive gases, explosive dusts or both.

Hinkley point harry UK diy 4 April 20th 16 09:22 PM
OT Hinkley Point harry UK diy 26 March 13th 16 05:40 PM
OT Hinkley Point Nuclear Reactor harry UK diy 12 November 1st 15 05:58 PM
Hinkley Point 'B' refurbish The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 26 January 28th 15 09:44 PM
Hinkley Point Nuclear reasctor harryagain[_2_] UK diy 25 December 4th 13 08:55 AM