Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default dichloromethane

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Scandalous! http://tinyurl.com/zdh66o9

I was thinking less of the pure liquid, more of gloopy stripper such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stripper/121165488412

Unless you're making 'drinking birds' on an industrial scale.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:28:22 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Scandalous! http://tinyurl.com/zdh66o9

I was thinking less of the pure liquid, more of gloopy stripper such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stripper/121165488412

Unless you're making 'drinking birds' on an industrial scale.

Is that what's in them. I didn't know. I have one somewhere, from
decades ago.

But back to the OP's comment, Nitromors seems to be still available;
http://tinyurl.com/jcpbyz7 is it just old stock or is it still being
manufactured?

Not what it used to be. It's just kept the same name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromors

Tim

Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is it not a CFC though. I thought anything with Chlorine in it was bad news.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/16 09:56, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is it not a CFC though. I thought anything with Chlorine in it was bad news.
Brian

CFC = Chlorinated FLUOROCARBCON.

Not Hydrocarbon

"A chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) is an organic compound that contains only
carbon, chlorine, and fluorine,"

"Dichloromethane (DCM, or methylene chloride) is an organic compound
with the formula CH2Cl2."

all women"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2016 08:08, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 06:30:54 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Scandalous! http://tinyurl.com/zdh66o9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Methylene-...AOSw1DtXFzY m

Is this one shipped from Russia in this container ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Scandalous! http://tinyurl.com/zdh66o9

dichloromethane is often used for joining acrylic,hold the pieces
together and apply small amount which immediately goes to the whole
joint solvent welding the parts, You can also use
chloroform,(trichloromethane)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:

Nitromors seems to be still available;
http://tinyurl.com/jcpbyz7 is it just old stock or is it still being
manufactured?

It's an "eco" re-formulation under the same name, but a different
product ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

ss wrote:

I didnt realise this was still available for professional use as a paint
stripper. I believe this is what the `old` nitromors` used.

Wouldn't it be awful if mere amateurs could buy gallon tins of it on
ebay/amazon?

Scandalous! http://tinyurl.com/zdh66o9

dichloromethane is often used for joining acrylic,hold the pieces
together and apply small amount which immediately goes to the whole
joint solvent welding the parts, You can also use
chloroform,(trichloromethane)

I used to use Tensol Cement for perspex, which is chloroform with
perspex dissolved in it. It was a tin which my father bought, and
was marked "Use by Aug 1969" on it, but worked perectly until it
ran out a few years ago.

--
Andrew Gabriel