Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toolguard VCI

http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

If you look at the safety sheet, it says what's in it:
"A blend of corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, metals deactivators in a
hydro refined napthenic oil"

So, I think the practical answer to your question is no.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

If you look at the safety sheet, it says what's in it:
"A blend of corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, metals deactivators in a
hydro refined napthenic oil"

So, I think the practical answer to your question is no.

When I were a lad, we had a grandmother clock at home, nothing special
plain steel construction. A clock repairer advises us to keep a small
pot with a cotton wool pad in it moistened with a few drops of paraffin.
Despite an old cold damp 50s house, that clock never rusted or needed
lubrication.
Might be worth a try?

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

Use camphor tablets

Available on Ebay
http://tinyurl.com/h5j34gt

http://www.rockler.com/how-to/campho...ention-device/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2016 11:33, GB wrote:
On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

If you look at the safety sheet, it says what's in it:
"A blend of corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, metals deactivators in a
hydro refined napthenic oil"

So, I think the practical answer to your question is no.

Sounds like old fashioned mothballs to me ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/04/2016 15:51, Andrew wrote:
On 15/04/2016 11:33, GB wrote:
On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

If you look at the safety sheet, it says what's in it:
"A blend of corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, metals deactivators in a
hydro refined napthenic oil"

So, I think the practical answer to your question is no.

Sounds like old fashioned mothballs to me ?.

I think I took the OP rather too literally, ie could he get the same
product in liquid form? I agree there are alternatives, including wiping
everything down with an oily rag. (That's such a cliche.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to fred, Paul Prince wrote:
No, it is not possible to re-charge a ToolGuard VCI. They do however last a
very long time. You can tell if they have stopped working when the
distinctive odour is no longer present.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...i-1122880-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 2:39:31 PM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 15/04/2016 10:47, fred wrote:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/toolguard-vci-ax719283

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

Use camphor tablets

Available on Ebay
http://tinyurl.com/h5j34gt

http://www.rockler.com/how-to/campho...ention-device/

I'd forgotten about using camphor tablets. Ill give them a try, Many thanks