Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Invisible Doors"

Part of project "extension" is a small cinema room to get "all that
crap" out of the front room and to stop Sonny Jim from rattling the
floors from his bedroom as it'll be accoustically isolated from the main
house by original external wall (now an internal wall), solid floors,
concrete board ceiling(?) etc etc.
All was going well with the plan until we realised the door opening into
the cine-room would interfere with rear and effect speakers so I
tentatively suggested to the maker of rules with the firery stare that
we could open the door outwards into the new hall bit-thing....
You'd have though I'd suggested getting a nubile Swedish aupair to wash
my back in the shower!

Then Son and I found a website called invisibledoors(dot)co.uk
Looks like the answer to leaving a "doorless" hallway as required, a
fire door for sound-proofing and an outward opening door all in one.

Apart from the above company has anyone here tried something similar or
even used the above system? at the moment I can only see benefits for
all concerned... Some form of hidden/discrete lockable door entry would
be the ultimate achievement for even cleaner lines and security if
anyone has any ideas?

Cheers - Pete