Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mira Element shower mixer query

My daughter's new shower mixer is a simple single dial control for
temperature control with no separate flow control.

It's run from a combi which produces adequate flow but to my mind, just a
degree or two off being as hot as I'd like.

I downloaded the manual and found that the upper temperature limit of the
thermostatic mixer is supposed to be adjustable so I dived in with the
Allen keys and found the adjustment screw.

Sadly, I can only adjust the max temperature down. Despite unwinding the
limit screw several turns (and a ¼ turn is supposed to increase the
temperature 1c) the output temperature refused to budge. Increasing the
boiler temperature makes no difference.

Am I doomed to never enjoying a good hot shower with this valve? Anyone got
the same valve and managed to squeeze a hot shower out of it?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim+
writes
My daughter's new shower mixer is a simple single dial control for
temperature control with no separate flow control.

It's run from a combi which produces adequate flow but to my mind, just a
degree or two off being as hot as I'd like.

I downloaded the manual and found that the upper temperature limit of the
thermostatic mixer is supposed to be adjustable so I dived in with the
Allen keys and found the adjustment screw.

Sadly, I can only adjust the max temperature down. Despite unwinding the
limit screw several turns (and a ¼ turn is supposed to increase the
temperature 1c) the output temperature refused to budge. Increasing the
boiler temperature makes no difference.

Am I doomed to never enjoying a good hot shower with this valve? Anyone got
the same valve and managed to squeeze a hot shower out of it?

Don't have one but, suppose the temp control was by restricting the cold
supply rather than increasing the hot? Plumbing issue?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim+
writes
[...]

Don't think so. I think it's just an over-zealous thermostatic valve that
determined to protect users from enjoying a hot shower. :-(

I might take some temperatures next time and seen if it's operating within
spec. If not, the manufacturer might stump up for a replacement.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 29/02/2016 14:45, Tim+ wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim+
writes
[...]

When I moved over to these it took me a bit of fiddling to get it
hotter. In the last house I replaced the cartridge and I had to re
position on the spindle to get it hotter (cant remember which model).
Just installed a Mira L11 and I am finding that the cold `tap`
influences the flow rate which is probably related to how fast the
boiler can churn out hot water for the mix (just guessing) so easing
back on the cold appears to make it hotter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

This any use:

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinec...ra_element.pdf

Go to page 18 of PDF document.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
This any use:

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinec...ra_element.pdf

Go to page 18 of PDF document.

Thanks but where do you think I got the ¼ turn per degree C figure from?
;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 01/03/2016 19:02, Tim+ wrote:
ss wrote:
This any use:

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinec...ra_element.pdf

Go to page 18 of PDF document.

Thanks but where do you think I got the ¼ turn per degree C figure from?
;-)

Tim

ok point taken :-(

I know they are different models and the assembly is different but this
link is for the Mira Coda which I have installed. To increase the temp
the selector has to be taken off the spindle (page 11 of link below) and
physically turned round to increase the temp.

It may give you some other ideas.

http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinec...verter_erd.pdf

Removing Mira Shower Forestfan UK diy 4 August 20th 07 04:28 PM
Mira 415 Shower Steve7474 UK diy 7 September 22nd 05 06:33 PM
Mira Excel Shower Poolie Home Repair 1 April 19th 05 12:01 AM
Mira Shower Query Rakster UK diy 1 May 26th 04 02:05 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM